stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here Husky and Jonsered are the more costly saws. I would have to define expensive as something not worth the money to buy it. I haven't had much experance with Jonsered's but I've heard good things I'd like to have one at some point. I think all of the big four saw companys build good products from what I have seen and heard. Yes I have had an "off" with a husky but I also have positive experanices so I would buy another. Sorry for rambling its been a long day. I would do like what one of the guys said and find a saw shop that sell both brands and do a side by side comparison and go with what you like best, I really don't think you'll go wrong either way.

There aint many saw shops out here in ohio, none that I know much about.

Right Here :
map2.jpg

Last edited:
ohio?

So you haven't been down to Karl Kuemmerling in Massillon, Ohio? www.karlkuemmerling.com if you can't drive down or call 1-888-222-6166. They've been around a long time. They are dealer for Husqvarna and Homelite. You'll pass a few Stihl shops on the way there.

See thats the problem, I havent heard of these guys. Thanks Geofore.

Neil

A little late, but was unable to post for a few days. Anyway, while I was rebuilding my 051 I went and picked up an MS360. After tweaking the muffler on it I was quite pleased with it. That is until I saw and handled the MS361 for the first time several months ago. I looked at the differences between the two and then traded in the 360 for the new one. After working over the muffler I was amazed at the difference in performance. The 361 ran circles around the 360. It had more low end power and higher rpm's. The anti-vibe was redesigned for the 361 and it also has an improved ignition system.

I have put quite a few hours on it over the last few months and it still amazes me. In any event you won't be disappointed should you choose to get one.

gpanseri, My first saw was a 029 and I guess it was ok but wasn't alot of torque to it, maybe it was just me (I'm no pro and still learning to use the saw and not try to push it through the wood) anyway I had the saw maybe 2 months and traded it in for a 036, I have been very happy with the 036 and after opening the muffler up a bit am even happier, But don't take Husky or a few of the other saws out of the running. I got my 036 at a shop that carried both husky and stihl and went with stihl just cause of reputation (at the time I didn't know husky and didn't give them a fair shake cause of it) but either way go down and handle some like you have been advised to do, see what ones you like and then run a search on here for that type of saw and see what pops up or at least ask these guys if they have experience with that saw model and what they thought of it. Thats about the only advice I can give you as I am also a novice to saws. But like you willing to listen ;) now that I know where to ask my questions. :blob2:

Wow ' Pretty kool to read these old posts. I am a stihl fan...I bought a 026 in 1988 it lasted `11 years never had a problem with it.
Just plugs, filter good gas and cleaning.
Sold it to a guy who said he rebuilt the carb and wore the saw out.
I bought a new 026 in 1999 and just sold it at my yard sale a couple years ago and bought a new MS261 for 650.00.
Great saw hope to get 10 years or so out of it.
MS362
MS390
MS261
MS201t

Latest posts

Back