Stihle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberjackboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does stihle make good cahinsaws? Their thinning saws are awesome. Just could use a little more power? But id take a stihle befor a husky thinning saw anyday. I know Husky makes a lot better chainsaws then thinning saws.:blob2:

Nowadays I seem to prefer thickening saws over thinning saws. Just fire it up and trees appear where there once were none.

Who is "Stihle" and what's a "cahinsaw"?
If you are asking whethter STIHL makes a good chainsaw, I'd have to say YES.

aaf_lol.gif

In my mind a thinning saw is a 044 or 372 with half wrap handles and max a 28" bar, although a 357 or maybe a 360/361 would work too.

Wiley P there is no need for a saw like that down where he lives, you would be hard pressed to buy a 20 inch bar, everything has a 16 inch bar on it,
I am not sure what he means by a thinning saw either , is this a small saw or some people call the big weed wackers with the straight shaft and a blade that has teeth on it like a chainsaw chain would have

I think he means a heavy duty brush cutter. I've always heard them refered to as clearing saws.

Re: saws

Originally posted by stihltech
OK, I'll bite.:confused:

What is a thinning saw?

Asaw that is slowly losing it's hair?:eek:
Wow I'm turning into one.

Hey Tony,
I am glad to see others enjoy dark humor.
No harm meant...just could not let that one go without some rubbin'
:)

Anybody rember the kid who posted here about a year ago about getting beat by his dad ? He talked about putting dirt or some other junk in his dad's saw tank. I think this poster may be related to him. Those of you who remember that whole string of threads and posts will know what I am talking about. What was the sign in name ? To those who do not remember I appoligize.

Bill

Good memory, Bill!&nbsp; If you follow this search <a href="http://www.arboristsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=220784&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending">link</a> and look at the thread "The Best", you'll see "beginner" listed as the last poster (at this time) but all his posts are gone.&nbsp; Some of the gist is mentioned in those which surrounded them.

Glen

Latest posts

Back