Stock vrs woods port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This take a almost new but broke in, stock Husqvarna e tech 359 with a new 72 lg chain & it makes 2 cuts in a 7x9 sawed ash in 9.6 seconds. What would be a good guesstament of the same saw, muffler modded & woods ported, same chain, same person running it, approx how much faster should it be?

Most builders claim ~35% gains with a woods port.......So that would CUT your time into a 1/3 of 9.6=somewhere around 6 seconds. Too many factors to consider:taped: :chainsaw:

I have a 359 with a Woods Port. It was a new saw when ported. It has become my favorite saw if I am using an 18" or 20" bar. It is definitely a different saw once ported, I have ran stock 359's also. I have no idea what kind of time it would cut in, I just know that it eats the wood under 20". Eats it. Period.

Well, seeing how the 359 is kinda the redhead stepchild of the lineup. You all know what I mean, so don't beat on me for that. Generally speaking you can count on 15-20% with just a muffler mod., with the 359 I have heard more is expected. Then let a GOOD builder in there, 60% increase would not suprise me at all!!!

So 9 seconds stock = 4.6 seconds, or there abouts.

The first time I ran a 359 I thought it was trash. Then after modding it...it gained over 50% cut speed in a 12 inch cant. With 20 inch bars on both it would rival the cut speed of an 066.

Fred

The first time I ran a 359 I thought it was trash. Then after modding it...it gained over 50% cut speed in a 12 inch cant. With 20 inch bars on both it would rival the cut speed of an 066.

Fred

Wow, sounds like you did a dam good port job!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:
I changed my avatar for you and Woodie, you like????:rockn:

I can't speak for Manny and Woodie, but IMHO it fits you, that's for sure.

Oh, I see your sig is "The TRUTH shall set you free". I see it's just a slogan for you, not a way of life.

Peace, wealth and happiness,

Joat

I can't speak for Manny and Woodie, but IMHO it fits you, that's for sure.

Oh, I see your sig is "The TRUTH shall set you free". I see it's just a slogan for you, not a way of life.

Peace, wealth and happiness,

Joat

Just try it, you will be free:biggrinbounce2:

Man I am a good guesser. :biggrinbounce2:

Nevermind Kevin, I forgot what your idea of a modded saw is. Woods ported means race saw right??

From me speaking to a few builders 35-40% was the most they could improve. I guess I will stick with work saws;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back