Stolen, broken and returned

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatwagon45

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
About a week ago, I posted in a thread that my father managed to break a brand new chain that I put on our shindawia saw. I was talking to him last night and he said that because of his back problems he had not run a saw in years. He was aware of the broken chain and asked the 2 other guys who use our tools if they did it. Neither of them would lie about it and neither did it. It appears that our neighbor "barrowed" the saw and broke it then returned it without saying a word.

Even though my father will never see this site (doesn't use Internet) I want to apologize for blaming him for breaking the saw.

Well, our neighbor struck again!!

This weekend, I've been cleaning out our barn so I can put some equipment away for the winter. Right infront of the door, I stacked 2 plastic drums and put a steel drum next to it. All were placed empty. As I was cleaning, I grabbed the steel drum to move it and *walla!* ITS FULL OF DRAIN OIL!! Little pecker next door has been dumping his oil on our property so he doesnt have to get rid of it. I was furious! The bottom of the drum is bowed so I cannot move it until it is empty. So, I move on... take down the top plastic drum and put it away. Grab the bottom plastic drum and guess what- FULL OF DRAIN OIL!!! AGAIN! I have about 100+/- gallons of this peckers waste oil that I now have to get rid of.

I think its time for a guard dog and a survaillance camera - so I can watch him get eaten by the dog.

Well, our neighbor struck again!!

This weekend, I've been cleaning out our barn so I can put some equipment away for the winter. Right infront of the door, I stacked 2 plastic drums and put a steel drum next to it. All were placed empty. As I was cleaning, I grabbed the steel drum to move it and *walla!* ITS FULL OF DRAIN OIL!! Little pecker next door has been dumping his oil on our property so he doesnt have to get rid of it. I was furious! The bottom of the drum is bowed so I cannot move it until it is empty. So, I move on... take down the top plastic drum and put it away. Grab the bottom plastic drum and guess what- FULL OF DRAIN OIL!!! AGAIN! I have about 100+/- gallons of this peckers waste oil that I now have to get rid of.

I think its time for a guard dog and a survaillance camera - so I can watch him get eaten by the dog.

Does he by chance garden??:monkey:

i would dump out back or his property or somewhere inside and then call the state after you get the barrels cleaned up.
A costly clean up price and he wont do it again.

Go talk to the neighbor.

Be cool about it.
Wait until after he plays the jackass, and you have to tell him he's no longer welcome. Then break the seal on a can of nasty if you have to.

Just remember he's there 24/7 next to your dad, and you aren't.

Call around. Sometimes the county Ag extension can point you to somebody that will pick up the waste drain oil for free.

New locks on the Barn sound like they are in order at the very least.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Go talk to the neighbor.

Be cool about it.
Wait until after he plays the jackass, and you have to tell him he's no longer welcome. Then break the seal on a can of nasty if you have to.

Just remember he's there 24/7 next to your dad, and you aren't.

Call around. Sometimes the county Ag extension can point you to somebody that will pick up the waste drain oil for free.

New locks on the Barn sound like they are in order at the very least.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
And a game camera catching him doing it!!

And a game camera catching him doing it!!

Already put in 500 watt lights on a motion sensor

I have been playing it cool with this guy. Part of the reason I am cleaning out this barn is so I can close the doors. He has been told in the past when other tools have "disappeared" that he is not welcome to shop on our property. I wouldn't start anything with him without my father knowing/approving. In the end, this kid is a dirtbag who doesn't care about others or their property. He's too stupid to take very good advise and as crooked as they come

yeah you could get up to 45 cents a gallon for that waste oil. We burn our own waste oil at work i na clean burn heater. I have a friend that has an oil pick up service to.

I have a neighbor that borrowed my 5 foot disc an didnt grease it ran it all day for a deer plot then returned it with a tube ofgrease. I was hot over this. Said he didnt have time to grease it. Not as bad as the 5 foot flail mower I bought for 20 bucks one time. It was a 1200 dollar mower new. This man i know that has a bunch of buddies came home to his neighbor who borrowed his flail mower thinking it was tiller. He tried to till his garden with a 1200 rpm mower. I put a set of teeth and and clevises on it and use it alot now.

I sell waste oil heaters for a living, you have about 4 days worth of shop heat already in front of you! just make sure and buy an Energy Logic. Easiest to clean, easiest to service, easiest to install. :)

Actually, the oil was pretty easy to get rid of. I had an oil tank that I cut in half. I put it on the property line next to his green firewood for sale. I tossed in a few dozen pieces of his wood and poured in his oil. Dropped in a road flare and let him work in a warm environment. He wasn't too happy but I felt he should benefit from the fuel that he didn't want any more. From what I hear, his customers were not too pleased to get wood that stunk of burnt motor oil and I have not received any more of his crap since

I DONT HAVE THIS ISSUE DUE TO HAVING EIGHT RED HEALERS....BUT I WOULD GET A STARTERS PISTOL FULL OF BLANKS AND A HELLFIRE TRIGGER THE ELECTRIC ONE AND WIRE IT TO A MOTION DETECTOR.... THAT AUGHT TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF HIM....OR IF YOU HOOK IT UP INSIDE THE BARN JUST USE LIVE AMMO.LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Actually, the oil was pretty easy to get rid of. I had an oil tank that I cut in half. I put it on the property line next to his green firewood for sale. I tossed in a few dozen pieces of his wood and poured in his oil. Dropped in a road flare and let him work in a warm environment....

You're a clever guy 'Meat.:bowdown:
-br

Latest posts

Back