Stolen ms 440 dean hylton washington pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a situation once where someone was threatening me with a lawsuit. i gathered all my data, consulted with my attorney who then wrote a letter to the offending party (the other guy). there was a huge vacuum where they backed up from their posturing. never heard from them again. sometimes letters on an attorneys letterhead can do wonders. might cost you a couple of bucks though unless you know an attorney who will do it for you. might consider.

It is so easy to create your own "law firm" by using a Word document. Make your own official looking letterhead and a little research for legal jargon. Send it registered mail and it will light a fire under his deceitful butt! Very little cost to you and fun to do while you're working on it!! Plus chances are high that you will get your saw back pronto!

Keep us posted!
:D

Plus chances are high that you will get your saw back pronto!

I've considered sending a letter. I feel chances are high I will never see my saw again.

No. I've been bad. I posted things that aren't good. I suppose we are in a cool down period. I suppose I could send him a message on FB, but all that has been done before - he is still deciding to be a thief.

It is so easy to create your own "law firm" by using a Word document. Make your own official looking letterhead and a little research for legal jargon. Send it registered mail and it will light a fire under his deceitful butt! Very little cost to you and fun to do while you're working on it!! Plus chances are high that you will get your saw back pronto!

Keep us posted!
:D

That is called mail fraud, which is a felony, and would classify as harassment, all because your "law firm" is fictional. Don't use the words "or else" either, that is called blackmail no matter what words follow the phrase.

wow two years. The dude has your saw and basically tells you to pound sand. Call the police and report your saw stolen and that you know where it is. Sorry but if this goes to court, he's the one who has to be worried unless you threatened him.

I have tries to contact him many times. Many many. Left a lot of messages. I was real mad for a long time. I'm no longer mad. I just want my saw back. I really have no desire to see harm come to Dean. I thought he was a stand up guy. I trusted him. I was upset about that but I'm over it. I know who he is now. I just want my saw back. Lots of periods end of story. Fortunately for me I am not an idle threat type of person. I have little way of doing anything about this so I made threats I couldn't keep.

I would at least call the police where he lives and report it stolen and tell them whats up...

Starting to sound like he may no longer have your saw, no matter how mad you got anyone would still return your saw. I think there is something else going on here.

I've been thinking of sending him another message on FB. If no response I'll give it a try.

Was that the saw?????? :amazed:

Do you mean the "Grifter Special"? The one that has ceramic bearings, finger ports , full of crapola, makes excuses with poor health and runs on snake oil?

I'd avoid that one if possible ;)

I bought two saws from Dean, if I hadn't had someone pick them up for me, he might still have them. I heard the same tired excuses. It was insulting.

I am amazed at his level of integrity. I know there are other saws he has, they are afraid to post because in retaliation they will never see their saws again. I won't be bullied by his threats.

I am always amazed by the stories people tell of the good things concerning transactions like this. Really, I'm like " you sent yer saw out and got it back and everything is fine!!?? Unbelievable!" Or " you bought this off Ebay and it wasn't a scam!!?? WoW!" Personally, I don't deal with internet transactions.

This is sad. Several years back I purchased a parts saw or two from Dean via eBay with no problems, and I remember when he showed up here on AS offering his modding services. IIRC he made quite a few posts about "pulling himself up by the bootstraps, no welfare," etc.

I don't know when he started having problems, but I do that some folks on another tree industry forum had some complaints about money being paid and work not being done.

Back