storing bits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Over the course of the weekend I want to try to organize some of my tools and in the process of doing that I need to find a safe place to put my drill bits. How do you guys store your longer bits so that they won't get bent, or roughed up?

Over the course of the weekend I want to try to organize some of my tools and in the process of doing that I need to find a safe place to put my drill bits. How do you guys store your longer bits so that they won't get bent, or roughed up?

Mine that don't belong to any sets go in a metal box, an old case for veneers and long dial calipers.
At work we keep about 2000, partitioned and labelled in vidmar cabinets, or if you want to do it on the cheap, get one of those plastic cabinets with 20 or 30 drawers. Works good with nuts and bolts too.

Cardboard tube one of them was shipped in. Plastic ends. Duct tape bottom one on good. I assume you are talking about the one and a half footers and up for bolting/bracing/cableing ?

Back