Storm cleanup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Doubrava

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We had "hurricane Claudette" come through here, and all I have heard in the past two days is chainsaws screaming. I didn't have the opportunity to use one(dammit!!!) :D There are tree limbs everywhere. I even saw someone using an old MAC. Helped my Granddad cut up some limbs today. He was using an electric Remington with a 16" bar. It's OK for the stuff he needs it for. It was mostly 6" or less. I think it was from a pecan tree. He has two Partners with 18" bars that have broken starter ropes and dont have very good compression, but he ain't throwing them away. Anyone in South TX been sawing trees/limbs left by the storm???

Robert

im not dn there,, but im getting pressure from the ins. adjuster,, i help out. .to go dn.
no way tho as i have 2 many customers here to leave. hope u folks get it handled .

I didn't head that way. The stump guy I use did. A storm stump chaser I suppose. He is not very bright. :rolleyes:

I did hear about a lady in Victoria that got killed when a limb fell on her while she was out "inspecting" damage.

Yeah, I heard about that. Some kid got killed when a tree fell on him, too. We have it all taken care of, as far as I can see. I haven't heard any chainsaws screaming, so I guess we're done.;)

Later

Robert

Claudette+Palacios

Hi Robert,

Here in Palacios there are many trees down and countless limbs. Used my SOLO 651SP for 4 days straight. Got through with my yard and my neighbors yards Monday. Nobody hurt here fortunately.

John

P.S. -- We had a volunteer crew come through with all Stihl donated equipment. They were from north of Dallas. They helped a lot.

Latest posts

Back