Straight-Gassed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not scared of grabbing the wrong can, for I too have a very distinctively different can for pre-mix. What I am afraid of is forgetting to put the oil in the gas upon can fill-up. I always try to put the mix oil in before I head to the gas pump, but I'm getting older and I sometimes forget the weirdest things.

Anyone come up with an idiot-proof way to make sure the oil goes in the gas? Other than looking for dyed gas?

For every one of these questions and posts, there's always someone that you can relate to in some way. Me too, I'm forever afraid that I got in a hurry and didn't mix the oil in the jug. And, since I'm always left with a little in the can when I fill it, color isn't a decisive judge of whether you added oil. I grabbed the Husqvarna LS+ in the squeeze metering bottle, meter up to 5L (50:1) and dump it in the jug and then pump the gas. It gets well mixed and I'm certain that I added it, and added the right amount.

578037002-ls-1-measured_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back