Strange ad in the local buy and sell...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Check this out. lol.

<b><i>EXCHANGE: Homelite XLT 12 Chainsaw. I do not know how old it is, but it does run, probably could use a good servicing. It should have a Safety Brake put on it. This is a good rugged old saw. It has a 16" bar with new chain (which should be re-sharpened). I purchased a new saw.I AM ASKING IN EXCHANGE FOR THIS SAW, 12 NEW, LARGE , FAMILY SIZE BOTTLES REGULAR PEPSI-COLA. Ron (Likes Pepsi)</b></i>

I would not give someone $11.88 worth of Pepsi for an old Homelite chain saw.

:givebeer:

He posted a picture of it on the local kijiji site. I'm not a saw collector (yet) but if anyone is interested...

1855_20.JPG

I would bring him a baker's dozen, that saw looks very clean provided the cyl&piston are not scored I would buy it. I have a thing for blue saw's.

and why not?

Well, based on the picture, I have that same exact saw, and it's the reason my father and I both own Stihls. Vibrates your hands off, no chain brake, loud, heavy, etc.

I guess, having thought about it, I might give some Pepsi for it as a parts saw, but man! 12 bottles of Pepsi would keep me happy for at LEAST a couple of days. :dizzy:

looks like whoever gets it may find out that i have a crankshaft still in the homelite box waiting patiently for 2 years for a home to go too along with other parts for the blue xl 12's

Last edited:
...Vibrates your hands off, no chain brake, loud, heavy, etc....

And what exactly is the problem again???

I look at it this way. I cut most of my wood on some land that the owner lets others cut on. In the last year, I've cleaned up at least 5 hangers/snags that have come from someone getting themselves in a bind and deciding to just let it sit there rather than knowing what to have done in the first place. One person even admitted as much to me. He was using a shiny new saw he'd just purchased (his first) and had no idea how to even run it (but he read the owner's manual which didn't give much advice on how to cut anything down-he lamented). My point in all this is back in the day, without all the creature comforts and extra safety devices, someone actually had to know how to run a saw in order to use it. Darwin took care of those who didn't know how to use one. Modern saws are so simple and easy to use any moron can pick one up and cut themselves into trouble without ever having even seen one before.

I would give a 12 pack for a blue, but only a six pack for a red. Actually, my XL12 is kind of fun to break out every now and then, I have had worse saws.

Extra Pepsi

I bet this guy is the local food store owner and ordered too much Pepsi this week. Guy's keep calling about the saw and he tells them "Yes it's still available, get the Pepsi and let's trade". Then they show up with the Pepsi and it's "I'm sorry it just sold!". Sneaky bastard.

Latest posts

Back