stripped calks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerlogging

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey folks, I have 2 calk receptacles (in the boot, can you let me not use the anatomy reference?) that are stripped. They were holding calks without me being aware that there was a problem but I can see it now that they're out, and new ones will kind of thread in but will not bite and get tight.

Any suggestions?

Cody was telling me that he just used a couple small screws through the holes in the cork. Not the most elegant, but it'll do in a pinch. Might try screwing them in with the end of a zip tie stuffed in next to it. I've done it on saws to get through the day. The shoe goo idea don't sound bad either - Sam

I did the zip tie thing a la Madsen's on a handlebar screw and it worked great, its a back up saw now but never think twice about it when I use it.

Thanks, tough guy. Now make the most of the rest of the time off!

Lol, tough?, Try tired guy. Still ####in' with my #### for Monday. Gotta find a ####### truck too. :dizzy:

Take care - Sam

my old fallin pard used to say "you aren't ####ed till there's three ####s in one sentence" That was just one in each sentence so you'll be ok.

I've been considering lightening my load too but I have been working a more selective unit and a fair bit of SMZ (i.e riparian zone) stuff so theres been too much pounding to do without... but soon.

Calk problem

I once used super glue on one boot. Epoxy works better, make sure the socket is clean.

Latest posts

Back