Stump grinding and pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodlotguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good evening to all. i recently added a rayco stump grinder.I have done some stumps so far,i am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on pricing,is there a per inch formula that is commonly used?per hour? i have been bidding them outright on my best guess,have done alright on some and lost on some so i am looking for a better way to do things.Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I base my price on the following criteria: diameter, height, location, type of tree and how much dog poop is in the yard! Seriously, if you try to base the price on diameter alone you will get burned! A 24 inch diameter stump has a lot more material to remove than a 12" diameter stump. Remember that you are grinding the base of the stump, not what is on top! You really will learn from experience and base your price on THE TIME THAT IT WILL TAKE! I start at $60.00 / hour and add-on depending on how big the dog bombs are!

this topic has been hashed out quite a few times, try the search function. Everyone has their own approach, and prices vary wildly. Some guys might charge $35 for a stump, others will charge $200 for the same. Some guys actually throw stump grinding in for free with tree work if they need to, to win the job.

Shaun

5.00 an inch??? Wow I only try to get 3:00!!!
But a 24" stump can have 48"-60" to grind with root flare.

Last edited:
wow, that is high as giraffe sex.

maybe wear you live but not here this is LI not the city here's one of my acc it was in the movie bat man forever
30kyp35.jpg
:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back