Stump Removal, what to bid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TV said 45 miles away, the poster said 5 miles away, TV not reading correctly, Anyway, that stump with a Vermeer 672 would take me 15 minutes. 30 minutes clean up- you do the math and don't count the 45 mile deal TV added.
Jeff

TV said 45 miles away, the poster said 5 miles away, TV not reading correctly, Anyway, that stump with a Vermeer 672 would take me 15 minutes. 30 minutes clean up- you do the math and don't count the 45 mile deal TV added.
Jeff

Closest competitor is 45 miles away, stump is 5 miles away. I figured 2 hours to grind (when I first got the machine), on the safe side, hope to find out someday but I'm thinking a hour would be more like it now that I have more experience with it.

I'd like to see it vanish in 15 mins but that must be a pretty serious machine. Local market does not justify a larger machime, not enough customers, which is why my competition is not nearby.

I did 30 some odd smaller stumps the other day then went on to landscape the customers yard where a heat pump was installed. Flexibility is more my strong suit, then doing one thing a warp speed
Ken

Last edited:
One stump is at my minimum so to grind it would be 125.00 and take me around ten minutes to grind to four inch depth. I would do all in my power to let them know they could get cheaper clean-up as that would be double, as I really clean-up so 125 plus 125 to 150 to clean-up.

I guess I am too use to my big machine. I would leave it as is. No wood to deal with. $125 to grind atleast 6" below ground. Clean up $100-125 without fill. Time to grind about 5-10 mins. Carlton 8018, 100hp with a sanvik wheel.

I guess I am too use to my big machine. I would leave it as is. No wood to deal with. $125 to grind atleast 6" below ground. Clean up $100-125 without fill. Time to grind about 5-10 mins. Carlton 8018, 100hp with a sanvik wheel.

Think I may get that wheel when mine wears out!

Think I may get that wheel when mine wears out!

You will be smiling if you do. Very cost effective (after initial purchase but mine came that way so didn't matter), VERY little clean up as it leaves the chips in a nice neat pile under the machine, and VERY quick grinding.

To OP . Pass on it if you dont have a big machine. I have a small Rayco 25 hp grinder. I do fine on multiple small stumps, I will grind 25" or less and sub out 26" and larger to a local stump grinder that has a big diesel machine. I prefer 20" or less. No sense in killing my myself and my machine on 1 big stump. If you dont own a grinder and must rent one to do the job then just forgot about it. You wont make a dime on one stump.

Latest posts

Back