Stump vise for your saw :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWE#Kipp

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
I made mine at once when i got to the woods, felled a smaller tree and made the vise then started the "real" cutting :)

( i have only made the vise one time and after i pic some guy posted at Swedish forum, found the youtube clip yesterday and thought i post it here)

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I would have cut half way through the log on the ground behind him and plopped my big butt down there. But, if it's a real stump vice you need. Leave the stump at the height that's most comfortable for you and cut 2 verticle groves several inches deep and stick a stick , or wedge, in the grove on one side to tighten up the grove on the other. On the other hand, making cool stuff with a saw is always worth the time, as long as the boss don't catch you, Joe.

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
I prefer to carve a bear out of the stump to hold my saw while I sharpen. Only takes a little longer than that. Looks like it would be good fodder for Gypo parody video. :cheers:

Latest posts