Stumper teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjd722

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently bought a Dosko 337 that came with a bunch of extra teeth. The ones that were on looked pretty worn so I swapped em out with sharp ones...... no one in my area sharpens teeth anymore, so I am looking to find out A. how do I sharpen them, or B. how can I figure out what teeth can be run on this machine in case I need to buy more teeth? Thanks in advance!!

Check out the Baileys. They sell a set of teeth called LoPro GreenTeeth that work amazing. Swapped out the teeth on my Vermeer 206 with them about a month ago, and haven't looked back. The teeth are actually replacable cups, which have 3 cutting edges per tooth. You can loosen them with a wrench, rotate them 120*, and tighten them back down to have another sharp cutting edge. So, you essentially get 3 sets of teeth in one set. They also cut great, and seem to last well. An entire set for my stumper (9 sets, so 18 teeth) cost me right at $400 shipped. I also went with the deep dish teeth, for use in less rocky soil.

~Will Courtier~

Multi-tip?

Being a Dosko does this machine have the multi tip tooth design?
Weather it does or not makes not much difference ... I found that sharpening them my self is the ticket. I do it with the teeth on the machine, with a battery operated DeWalt angle grinder with a Green diamond wheel. I have fount that a half hour every night ( after 5-8 hrs of operation) I have reduced my teeth replacement cost by 75% as well as assuring that I have an ultra sharp set of teeth every morning. If you have any questions reply back or see my site Fairbanks Stump Grinders

Thanks Jon

Green wheel

Being a Dosko does this machine have the multi tip tooth design?
Weather it does or not makes not much difference ... I found that sharpening them my self is the ticket. I do it with the teeth on the machine, with a battery operated DeWalt angle grinder with a Green diamond wheel. I have fount that a half hour every night ( after 5-8 hrs of operation) I have reduced my teeth replacement cost by 75% as well as assuring that I have an ultra sharp set of teeth every morning. If you have any questions reply back or see my site Fairbanks Stump Grinders

Thanks Jon

I've been looking for a green wheel that fits on an angle grinder,,,,,,, can't find one anywhere
Could you pass on the manufacturer and number on the wheel .

Thanks. Rich,,,,,, south British Columbia

Call keith

Rich sorry I never got the MSG that you asked
If you call Keith at Alpine Machine he has the green wheels for your angle grinder I have been using mine for 2 years and use it daily in the summer
His number is 360-357-5116 and he will be happy to talk to you!

Tell him "Yon" sent you ( Norwegian pronunciation )

Thanks
Jon

Recently bought a Dosko 337 that came with a bunch of extra teeth. The ones that were on looked pretty worn so I swapped em out with sharp ones...... no one in my area sharpens teeth anymore, so I am looking to find out A. how do I sharpen them, or B. how can I figure out what teeth can be run on this machine in case I need to buy more teeth? Thanks in advance!!

Where in Wisco are you? I know of a few places some cheaper than others. There is a member here that sharpens them he goes by the handle blades and is on the north side of Milwaukee I can't remember what he charges, and there is a saw shop on Howell on the south side that grinds teeth but they are spendy. I use a guy out of Michigan called Monroe Rapid Edge and he does a good job for $3 bucks a yellow jacket as well as green teeth and a little less for standard teeth. I just send them out because I don't want to deal with the potential, sometimes severe, health hazards of carbide dust and silica dust. If you do a search there are many threads about sharpening stumper teeth and the how too's.

Back