stupid stihl question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
ok i got the new clutch, drum needle bearing in the 066. the cling cling cling noise i had comming from the clutch area is much better now. also the chain no longer hops a bit at idle.

npw for the question if i rev it wide open i dont hear any 4 stroking sound. so i assume i need turn the h screw out a bit. i was looking at the screw is there a special tool i need to use? i couldnt get it to move with a reg screwdriver. i didnt wanna strip it out if its a special screw so i just put it away.

the plug looked like the saw was running a bit rich. but as i said theres no 4 stroking sound. i put in a new plug for good measure anyway.

any ideas what i should do here?

oh i picked up my 36" rolomatic es bar today too. man that things #####in! even the wife was like woahhhh that things huge. so naturally i said thanks the chainsaw bar is big too.

I use the orange baby Stihl screwdriver to set mine. I also turn it out (top of screw to the left) to get rid of the 4-stroking pops. Only took 1/16th of a turn from the factory recommendation on the 044 to end the pop, or burble.

ok i got the new clutch, drum needle bearing in the 066. the cling cling cling noise i had comming from the clutch area is much better now. also the chain no longer hops a bit at idle.

npw for the question if i rev it wide open i dont hear any 4 stroking sound. so i assume i need turn the h screw out a bit. i was looking at the screw is there a special tool i need to use? i couldnt get it to move with a reg screwdriver. i didnt wanna strip it out if its a special screw so i just put it away.

the plug looked like the saw was running a bit rich. but as i said theres no 4 stroking sound. i put in a new plug for good measure anyway.

any ideas what i should do here?

oh i picked up my 36" rolomatic es bar today too. man that things #####in! even the wife was like woahhhh that things huge. so naturally i said thanks the chainsaw bar is big too.
You better be careful having your " huge thing" out with a 36" bar on your 066. You may end up "thingless".:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back