Sunoco 260 GTX. Thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody is using or has used Sunoco 260 GTX? I just bought some to try it out. I don't use a ton of fuel and I wanted to give it a try. I did have to lean out the L on the saw I tried it in, Poulan 3450. The H didn't seem to need as much adjustment if really any. We'll see how it goes when I get a chance to run it in some wood, hopefully in the next couple weeks. It definitely has a different smell than pump gas does. It doesn't seem to be as strong exhaust wise as pump gas does to me. I mixed it with Belray H1R at around 45:1.

Works good in my experience, just don't use Klotz R50 oil, it fouls the plugs and is hard to start. I went back to Stihl Ultra and had no more issues.

It worked fine for me. I ran it in a couple AT's, so I can't help with your tune. From the smell I couldn't tell if it was real gas or engineered. I also cut it a little with some 87 non-e to drop the octane a bit. I only used 5gals of the stuff. I've tried all kinds of fuels before. Other than pump gas I've gotten the best results from Trufuel and Motul 800@40:1.

Last edited:
Back