Super Split Table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a similar one for a friend that slides just underneath his hydraulic splitter's beam and spans both sides. He's crazy about it. I like yours better because it's almost even with the top edge of the beam, whereas mine is flush with the bottom edge. Regardless, it works.

One thing I did was add a 2" high lip on both outer edges and the sides leading to the beam to that the logs don't roll off. Oh, and I made mine using construction grade lumber and slapped on two coats of exterior deck stain.

Saw/Noodle in half/strips and then two person lift so it lays flat on beam. Biggest pin oak I have ever seen. Was a reject from a wood mill at Western Kentucky GTG.
1e85eaf99be3115f6059050e07b01275.jpg

c0bc079b4ec865eba041a9f1fdd90b9e.jpg

44 inch bar on 3120

1f341722eebc38d6c19625e70fe06776.jpg

41d577d1bc5193f5dc0e7b6d304285af.jpg

Sam - How does one get a 41" round up onto the SS?
I think he means about 20" on each side since the table catches the outer split on the far side. If you make it any wider it becomes tiresome after awhile to lean over while working. I've seen instances where the table top is somewhat flat V-shaped to help trap the stock. That's why I added outer lips. They work.

Nobody seems to believe me but UHMWPE on the table is the ducks nuts for re-splits.

Self-tapping screws, but only around the beam edge where splinters could be jammed under or force against, the leading edge of the plastic. The rest is allowed to expand and contract at a different rate to the metal substrate. Next time I am around the splitter with a camera I'll get a few photos.

Latest posts

Back