Super Splitter Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Did anyone out there happen to try putting a 4-way wedge on their super split SS and if so how did it work? What 4-way did you buy and from whom. Thank guys! I bought a super split last year damn thing is 30 years old and runs strong!

Did anyone out there happen to try putting a 4-way wedge on their super split SS and if so how did it work? What 4-way did you buy and from whom. Thank guys! I bought a super split last year damn thing is 30 years old and runs strong!

4 way wedge is too much for a super split. leave it the way it is. this will save you alot of aggrivation.

The way I see it, is the super split is too fast to even need a 4 way wedge.

I know I don't want one on mine. :msp_wink:

I wouldn't. The additional stress, I would believe, would do more harm than good.

BTW, are you from Westmoreland County? I am originally from the Irwin area.

super split 4way

Well everyone i just watched a video on youtube of a guy that made a slipon 4way wedge it works awesome and hid production is out the door crazy! That my next step!! I will upload some photos soon, I redesigned the engagament mechanism and added another flywheel for some more inertia.

he is a member here and has a thread about it here too.

In the vid I posted that guy says he made some modifications. Extra fly wheel being (in my mind) the most significant. Hope it works out for you, I am working on one now for a 27 ton hyd.

Does anyone know of a good source for the large return springs on the super splitter, mine are well used, all stretched out etc.

I can't begin to explain how great of a machine this thing is. The old 3hp briggs, starts 4 pulls no matter the temp. 1 pull once warm. I managed to split and stack 3/4 of a cord alone yesterday without breaking much of a sweat.

After reading the thread about the TSC kinetic splitter having issues with the rack I figure DR and SS are going to making out well.

I cannot imagine going back to a hydro. splitter.

super splitter

Call Paul McCain from super splitter.
He sells all the parts. get some rubber bump stops and a little roller bearing for the rack and pinion as well. shipping isnt cheap so buy it all at once so you dont have to pay for shipping everytime.
Does anyone know of a good source for the large return springs on the super splitter, mine are well used, all stretched out etc.

I can't begin to explain how great of a machine this thing is. The old 3hp briggs, starts 4 pulls no matter the temp. 1 pull once warm. I managed to split and stack 3/4 of a cord alone yesterday without breaking much of a sweat.

After reading the thread about the TSC kinetic splitter having issues with the rack I figure DR and SS are going to making out well.

I cannot imagine going back to a hydro. splitter.[/QUOT

Custom 4 way wedge for Sale Super Splitter

Does anyone here want to buy a custom 4 way wedge for a Super Split? I made 2 of them just because they work well. Make me an offer and we will go from there. I have $20 in stock steel in it made out of 1/4" plate. I have put 2 cords through it just to test it.

Latest posts

Back