Supersplit on e-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure seems like a boat load of money for what you get. I have watched the videos several times, but it sure seems kinda puny for 3K.
Seems like it should have a little more metal to it!

I think that guy is a member of the forum. He posted here last week saying he was selling it. He says he found it wasn't profitable and I've said in the past if that's the only reason your getting into the firewood business you're going to hang it up sooner than later. I'm not saying I'd do it for free but I really enjoy the outdoors, the work involved and the extra income is great but as far as a business where you analyze the numbers and do income statements (at least for a small scale operation) I don't think it's that type of venture. Just my 2 cents.

The Super-Split splitters do look productive.

I currently have a few hundred rounds, stacked out back, that easily weigh over 100 lbs. each.

I'll take a slower vertical splitter over having to lift rounds up to a platform.

Now, if a person had a loader to lift the wood to table height, that would be the ticket!

I think that guy is a member of the forum. He posted here last week saying he was selling it. He says he found it wasn't profitable and I've said in the past if that's the only reason your getting into the firewood business you're going to hang it up sooner than later. I'm not saying I'd do it for free but I really enjoy the outdoors, the work involved and the extra income is great but as far as a business where you analyze the numbers and do income statements (at least for a small scale operation) I don't think it's that type of venture. Just my 2 cents.

Its the same guy no doubt!

He should have bought the Northstar 37 ton instead and save a bunch -now he is taking it in the shorts - :) of course Im not trying to upset Super Split owners

I've seen one of those before and I thought they were high!:dizzy:

I have to agree, I would rather split vertical, on the ground. I had a bunch of pine rounds 34" and there is no way I'm going to try and lift it up onto the table. My cuttin' partner cuts them into three pieces with his 044, but I would rather not have to do that. Here's another one if this one go's so fast you can't get the guy on the phone...

http://bend.craigslist.org/for/1029649690.html

:spam:

I remember he wanted what he paid for it because in his logic you can have it now rather than wait and it was already put together....woooopie. In my logic (wait or not) if I'm paying new I'm buying new. You bring it home and use it one time its used plain and simple.

I remember he wanted what he paid for it because in his logic you can have it now rather than wait and it was already put together....woooopie. In my logic (wait or not) if I'm paying new I'm buying new. You bring it home and use it one time its used plain and simple.

:agree2:

x3

Back