Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some low down dirty rotten ASer sent me this POS !

I have a good idea who did it !

I am not mad , I get EVEN ! :hmm3grin2orange:

I think you should thank them , they obviously had your best interests in mind sendin' you a nice small lightweight saw so you don't put your back out .

It does if it has the one piece ign......if it has the two piece any one from a the earlier models saws is what you need 61, 66, 266 or Jred 625, 630 or 670...all depends on what the yr of the 268 is.

I was not sure that the 268 ever had the two piece, I have only seen the one piece module in the very few 268`s that have come my way, not a really common saw around here. The 266 was the Husky of choice here among the pulpwooders.

Anybody know if an 046 top is a direct bolt on for a 440?
These are them creamsickle thingies...........

Not quite a bolt on but still very easy to do one, The bolt holes in the 460 just need to be moved in on the X axis about 1/16" on each corner. Test fit the piston and cylinder and make sure the piston skirt does not hit the crankcase deck when fully down on stroke,BDC. Use the base gasket from an 046 or go without one and seal it with sticky stuff of choice. Check squish clearance also, they have always been fine on the 6 I have built but check it anyway.

Good afternoon boys. Made some headway on that 2095. Ordered the gasket that I buggered up, and it came on Saturday and put the top end back on. Cleaned up the carb and the rest of the saw, now I am just waiting on a new top cover. The recoil cover is pretty darn ugly so I may try to find one that isn't so faded. I can't wait to get this thing finished!

Not quite a bolt on but still very easy to do one, The bolt holes in the 460 just need to be moved in on the X axis about 1/16" on each corner. Test fit the piston and cylinder and make sure the piston skirt does not hit the crankcase deck when fully down on stroke,BDC. Use the base gasket from an 046 or go without one and seal it with sticky stuff of choice. Check squish clearance also, they have always been fine on the 6 I have built but check it anyway.

Somehow I missed his post? Or I could have told him about the one I have. LOL
Looks like the flywheel side of the jug has been ground off just a little.
Someday I will get to put it together? LOL
Stihl not sure how this funky jug will work out? LOL Going to find out !

Somehow I missed his post? Or I could have told him about the one I have. LOL
Looks like the flywheel side of the jug has been ground off just a little.
Someday I will get to put it together? LOL
Stihl not sure how this funky jug will work out? LOL Going to find out !

I have been waiting to hear if it works or not, have one here if it doesn`t....LOL

I was not sure that the 268 ever had the two piece, I have only seen the one piece module in the very few 268`s that have come my way, not a really common saw around here. The 266 was the Husky of choice here among the pulpwooders.

You may well be right....I was thinking early (1987)XP versions were two piece......like the 266XP.....the later plain 268 and 268 Special with the Gillardoni cyl were one piece I believe....could be wrong....

Yep ............ Stihl a kid , but had to tease him a little ! LOL Shcoot .... you only got a few months on me ! LOL

My oldest will be 30 next month ! LOL

Geez John, you could be my father. My parents are still in their 40's...just sayin.:yoyo:

Ya' know, I try my best to read other parts of the forum but I keep sliding back to this slightly warped place...................

I used to hang out all over the site, mostly in the milling forum. Now I just don't care for it out there. Good to see you hanging out in here more and more. John does have a pretty infectious personality, I tried to get the vaccine for it but it didn't work.

You may well be right....I was thinking early (1987)XP versions were two piece......like the 266XP.....the later plain 268 and 268 Special with the Gillardoni cyl were one piece I believe....could be wrong....

You know that I am no huskee expert, cripes I need to wear a hazmat suit and a fresh air supply just to work on one....LOL

I got that coil to work, I must not have had the gap right on it. Adjusted it with a business card and tightened it down and wouldn't you know it has a real nice blue spark with that brand new plug. I took the recoil off of the 266xp carcass I have and that one is a two piece. I'll concentrate on this one first and then that big Jonsered is next. My saw collection is starting to resemble a melting pot.

I figured there wasn't too much but It always makes me feel better to hear from someone that's done it. Thanks !!

I used to hang out all over the site, mostly in the milling forum. Now I just don't care for it out there. Good to see you hanging out in here more and more. John does have a pretty infectious personality, I tried to get the vaccine for it but it didn't work.

He puts me in mind of someone that could thread a sewing machine while it's runnin'......................................just sayin':laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest posts

Back