Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up the new Jred 451EV today..

For Robin's pleasure :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Man that looks really nice Ron.

Rick

Okay so this is kinda off topic but wanted to pass along this helpful tidbit.

Someone left a travel mug at my office and didn't reclaim it. Best coffee/drink mug ever. Stuff stays cold in it forever. Left it in the shop over night and went out the next day and drink still cold, ice still there and not watered down. Hot stays hot for hours.

Perfect for cutting wood and spill proof too.

Here's a shot of the new one wife encouraged me to get so she could take mine. Not sure where all they sell them but Targeh is where she found them. $20 for a 20oz and less the smaller it goes.

y9eja4yz.jpg

Rick

Last edited:
Okay so is it easier to put the carb, intake etc on this one together as a unit and install? Seems like a pain otherwise.

Anyone have a Husky 40,45,49 to get a pic of how the throttle cable is attached to the throttle cam? One thing I didn't take a photo off. Grr.

dyveseny.jpg

Rick

Okay so is it easier to put the carb, intake etc on this one together as a unit and install? Seems like a pain otherwise.

Anyone have a Husky 40,45,49 to get a pic of how the throttle cable is attached to the throttle cam? One thing I didn't take a photo off. Grr.

dyveseny.jpg

Rick

Been to long since I worked on one of them ?

I leave my 45 at the camp on the lake, the rest of my Stihls don`t like it around them.Got to say its a very good working little saw, handy to have around the camp yard.

I'm hoping this one will be a good runner. New ring, carb diaphrams, cleaned up piston/cyl that were pretty good in the first place, cleaned about 4lbs of saw crust off it, new fuel line and filter. Just have to get the throttle cable hooked up and a new clutch side washer LOL.

Latest posts

Back