Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some sad news, that 044 I sold a friend of mine took a crap. He ran the pizz out of it at least, usually with a dull chain. I'm going to rebuild it for him and go through it again. I have a feeling when I pull the jug I'm going to find that she was sucking in saw dust, no scoring on the exhaust. We'll see.

They are tough, all you need is two good case halves and you can build one pretty cheaply.

302 Chevy ! Wild azz ! LOL

One of the craziest small blocks I ever owned, built it from the crank up with my own two hands. Had over $5,000. 1972 dollars in that engine. Just a single 850 Holly on an aluminum high rise, 202 angle plug heads, Crane Fireball 302 cam, roller lifters.rockers, Jomar stud girdle, Jahns forged domed pistons, Ed Pink rods, Kellog crank,Clevite bearings , windage tray , black jack headers, glasspacks and 2.5" pipes.

I have some sad news, that 044 I sold a friend of mine took a crap. He ran the pizz out of it at least, usually with a dull chain. I'm going to rebuild it for him and go through it again. I have a feeling when I pull the jug I'm going to find that she was sucking in saw dust, no scoring on the exhaust. We'll see.

Typical squeel..

Yes it is, done it twice, not likely again unless in a motorhome at a leisurely pace.

It looks to be about 6800km from here to Halifax.

Looks like a minimum of 70-75 hours of driving time.....

At least I have family in central bc, Edmonton, and Toronto, so I could have a few rest days.....

It could be fun to do........... Once..... LOL

It looks to be about 6800km from here to Halifax.

Looks like a minimum of 70-75 hours of driving time.....

At least I have family in central bc, Edmonton, and Toronto, so I could have a few rest days.....

It could be fun to do........... Once..... LOL

Drove straight through from Vancouver to Halifax in 79.5 hrs with 3 drivers stopping only for gas,bathroom breaks and coffee/snacks in a Chevy Silverado.

One of the craziest small blocks I ever owned, built it from the crank up with my own two hands. Had over $5,000. 1972 dollars in that engine. Just a single 850 Holly on an aluminum high rise, 202 angle plug heads, Crane Fireball 302 cam, roller lifters.rockers, Jomar stud girdle, Jahns forged domed pistons, Ed Pink rods, Kellog crank,Clevite bearings , windage tray , black jack headers, glasspacks and 2.5" pipes.

Is that sitting the barn next to the Stihl's???? Hopefully you still have it.

67/68 maybe 69 Z28s ? The 67 is super rare ! Think there were only 600 - 67 Z28s made ?

Mine was a 69 Z28 390 POSI when I got it the engine was tired. I found a good rebuild candidate from a 68 that had been rolled. Built that 68 engine with a .040 overbore. Changed out the 4 speed std for a two speed automatic, the shift would about break your neck at 7,000.

I would build and trade 2-3 cars a year back then, sadly I traded that 69 for two Plymouths, a 68 GTX 440 Super Commando and a 68 383Magnum Roadrunner.

I used to run 2-3 times a year down to Alabama and pickup cars from my uncle. The bodies were sound but engines were tired or blown. I wished I would have kept a few that I flipped. The money was nice but now I think the cars would be nicer now.

Latest posts

Back