Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 316884

attachment.php

Danged Ol Phart ! :laugh:

No wonder them girls liked me ! LOL

Last edited:
Rick...they aren't bad, come in from the tank. Carb box doesn't move. Use some wind ex or some oil for lube.

Tight fit in the fuel tank there. End of the fuel line that would have to feed through is larger than the hole. LOL. any good way to narrow down the end to feed it through?

Night all !!
Gotta take the littlest one to Safari Park in the morning.

Night Scoot!! Was hoping to catch you. Put fuel in the little Jonsered today for Brady and it started and ran like a champ. Tried a couple cuts with it. Needs a chain sharpening, a good cleaning and should be ready for him when he is:hmm3grin2orange: I'll get him to clean it and teach him how to sharpen the chain. I'm going to surprise him and tell him I put gas in it and to give it a shot. Can't wait to see the look on his face when it starts.

Thanks again Bro.

Night Scoot!! Was hoping to catch you. Put fuel in the little Jonsered today for Brady and it started and ran like a champ. Tried a couple cuts with it. Needs a chain sharpening, a good cleaning and should be ready for him when he is:hmm3grin2orange: I'll get him to clean it and teach him how to sharpen the chain. I'm going to surprise him and tell him I put gas in it and to give it a shot. Can't wait to see the look on his face when it starts.

Thanks again Bro.

Like !! :rock:

Tried to tune this today. Seemed to starve for fuel after a cut or two. Filled up the tank and still starves after a cut and squirts fuel out of the cap that is a pain in the butt to put back. Have to use channel locks to reinstall it.

Any ideas or post in the Poulan thread? The bigger one.

nu8y7usu.jpg

Rick

Tried to tune this today. Seemed to starve for fuel after a cut or two. Filled up the tank and still starves after a cut and squirts fuel out of the cap that is a pain in the butt to put back. Have to use channel locks to reinstall it.

Any ideas or post in the Poulan thread? The bigger one.

nu8y7usu.jpg

Rick

Hows the fuel lines and filter ?

The cap likely needs a duckbill valve put in. But if its that hard to remove,replace it.

Last edited:
Well tomorrow should be fun.
Im retinning a bunch of old copper hand soldering irons.
Got 5 to do.
I have two big ones I got from the museum (one is either a 2# or a 3#!) I also am doing my Dads 3 irons. He has two tiny ones which were fairly burnt to a crisp... And a medium one in good shape.

It turns out the belt grinder will turn 3 hours of mill file work into 7 minutes of sanding.....

Now that the hard, dirty part is done, I get to do the fun part!
I have decided against firing up the gasoline torch for this, as it would take longer to warm up than it would to do the tinning...
Im cheating and using the cutting torch... LOL
I got a new roll of 40/60 acid core solder, which should work perfect.

I can take a few pictures if you guys want?

One of the more odd things I have done in my shop.... LOL

Back