Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you put some kind of bushing in there ?

thats kinda what i been thinkin bout. the wallered out isn't so bad as to be visible to the nekkid eye. guessing its wallered out cause i cleaned it up real good, put some graphite on it, then tried some light weight oil, then tried it on another saw; no joy. tried loosening the hold-down screw. would work for a couple pulls then same again. had that screw so loose i's afraid it would let go. put one of my spare pulleys on and voila'. i'm thinking maybe some aluminum foil or some such. like i said though its gotta be really thin gauge to even think about working. sorta put it aside as i don't have an immediate need for it.

Good Luck John!

What about turning it out, and pressing in a new sleeve?
Take say 1/16 off the wall, and turn a brass sleve for it.
If you dont have a lathe, I bet someone on here would do it for you.

If you were closer, I would do it

Last night of doin hydrants!

Whoohoo!!!

Life can go back to normal

Time for my projects and huntin

index.php

John all dressed up goin to the heart doc .

Im just posting to see if I can post. I cannae see the chainsaw forum at all, only the individual threads from referral pages. :(

Yup , it's a hard way to navigate the fourm :(

Keep your eyes open for a tourist doing Captn Morgan impressions with Maine accent tryin to sound Scottish ......... He'll be in your country sooner or later LOL

Jimmy , we had high winds and downpours this morning , sunshine this afternoon .
I sure hope Jerry was in the truck when the skies opened up because he'd been soak if he had to travel more than 2 feet for cover from where they were cutting .

Latest posts

Back