Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fit and split 3/4 of a cord today......in the tops now.......slow going....trucked home and stacked another 1/2 cord.......just about beer thirty for me.......then stihl gotta clean the chimney to the cookstove......hard freeze warning tonight......gonna want a small blaze......

We need 10 or more posts per day to stay on page one safely, great day to be alive!!
Jerry, my Friend, used your AWESOME, 026 today getting a nice load of dead standing dead oak in the Town forest at the base of the Pine Hills! Beautiful woods!! Not a sound! Sassafrass, pines, silver maple and oaks! What a great woods! Huge little UvaUrsi berries, biggest I've ever seen! Love those woods! Feel more at home there than anywhere else! So peaceful!!
Thanks Jerry!! You are absolutely the very Best!!!

Fit and split 3/4 of a cord today......in the tops now.......slow going....trucked home and stacked another 1/2 cord.......just about beer thirty for me.......then stihl gotta clean the chimney to the cookstove......hard freeze warning tonight......gonna want a small blaze......
Same here Robin,although won't be as chilly! Close though! LOL

Jerry, my Friend, used your AWESOME, 026 today getting a nice load of dead standing dead oak in the Town forest at the base of the Pine Hills! Beautiful woods!! Not a sound! Sassafrass, pines, silver maple and oaks! What a great woods! Huge little UvaUrsi berries, biggest I've ever seen! Love those woods! Feel more at home there than anywhere else! So peaceful!!
Thanks Jerry!! You are absolutely the very Best!!!

I have found many wooded areas that make me feel that way, 10 - 15 mins walk into the woods behind me and I am in one like that, big hardwood ridge stretches for 20 miles or more, very quiet there and its been made a Heritage Wilderness area, no cutting or gasoline powered equip allowed on it.

I have found many wooded areas that make me feel that way, 10 - 15 mins walk into the woods behind me and I am in one like that, big hardwood ridge stretches for 20 miles or more, very quiet there and its been made a Heritage Wilderness area, no cutting or gasoline powered equip allowed on it.
Sounds like my kind of place ! Love being out in the woods like that too ! Just can't get to deep in there , to dumb to find my way back out ! LOL

Sounds like my kind of place ! Love being out in the woods like that too ! Just can't get to deep in there , to dumb to find my way back out ! LOL

We follow that ridge back into the interior , 4 hrs hiking, paddling canoes and portage between lakes. Sure is peaceful back there. Only once in 15 years have I seen another living person while camping back there.

Back