Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts exactly.......be my own version of a West Coast 670.........52MM Meteor P&C...or perhsaps a 52MM 272XP cyl with Meteor piston....V stack and K&N West Coast filter...muff mod, full wrap......got a few I've ported and am very impressed with the gains I have discovered but am ready to try one done by a pro....see what I'm missing or perhaps how close I've come so far. Probably the only saw I'll ever have anyone else port.......
Stihl hear good things bout the Meteor kits , must be well made !

That kit has everything you would need sounds like !
Better grab one before that Nadian does ! LOL

It does have about everything you would need...waiting for that 670W case to get here from Bryce before I pull the trigger on the kit......may talk to Randy first to see what he thinks the advantages or disadvantages might be with the Meteor kit compared to the 52MM 272 Mahle cyl. as I have all that stuff here anyway with the 272 cyl Mahle cyl and Meteor piston and have already bored the Jred carb for the internal impulse used in the 272 intake....I don't think the bolts in that kit will work using the 670 West Coast intake elbow that I have. One has to be longer than the other as the elbow is deeper one the right hand side......same problem with the 272 cyl......have to come up with one longer bolt.......need to look into that....might be harder than one might think...pretty long , small dia metric bolt.....not a problem on the stock 670 as the bolts thread into the intake boot not the cyl.......

It does have about everything you would need...waiting for that 670W case to get here from Bryce before I pull the trigger on the kit......may talk to Randy first to see what he thinks the advantages or disadvantages might be with the Meteor kit compared to the 52MM 272 Mahle cyl. as I have all that stuff here anyway with the 272 cyl Mahle cyl and Meteor piston and have already bored the Jred carb for the internal impulse used in the 272 intake....I don't think the bolts in that kit will work using the 670 West Coast intake elbow that I have. One has to be longer than the other as the elbow is deeper one the right hand side......same problem with the 272 cyl......have to come up with one longer bolt.......need to look into that....might be harder than one might think...pretty long , small dia metric bolt.....not a problem on the stock 670 as the bolts thread into the intake boot not the cyl.......

I have been known to extend a bolt or two when in a pinch, even turn new ones but long skinny ones are harder to do, steady rest n all.

Back