Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are lucky that most of each storm had rain but when that flash freezes then not so lucky with the resulting ice, snow keeps settling so no real deep areas presently. Just a couple of feet generally except where there are drifts and of course snowbanks at driveways and intersections.

What you've got as rain/ice we've got as all snow....it's been many years since the snow has been this deep in these parts....like at least 1978-79...my chimney for the cookstove is just barley visible looking straight out an upstairs window. It's located six feet down the roof on a 5 pitch and it's top is two feet above that ridge.... Driving around in my 4wd pickup it is rare that I can see over the snowbanks on the side of the road in protected areas.......at the top of hills or open fields where it can drift....ferget it....they have had to pushed back them with large wheel loaders like the Case 821E that just went up over the mountain by my house.......snowbanks are easily in the 16-20' range in these areas. There is no end in sight yet either....next batch Sun into Mon....then Wed/Thurs...temps staying low. Got a couple saws built for clients but can't test and tune.......haven't seen my test logs for two months and can't get into the woods at all short of snowshoeing........it ain't that necessary....
Mn use to be like that now i think i have 2 4 inches in my yard.

Page 2 rescue Slackers !!!!!

Stihl cut spruce :)

IMG_20150228_144636.jpg

I pretty much took the 034 apart. Swapped out the impulse line. Took the cylinder off. Gonna replace it with one of my spares, After thinking about it overnight. I put it all back together thinking it's probably gonna be fine (which I'm sure it would be fine) but got two cylinders that are pretty much mint. might as well just cuz I want something to do lol. Got a couple little projects on my running saws

You know the rules jerry, pics or it didn't happen haha :sweet:

I used to do that Colin but it slows me down so much I kinda stopped since I have thousands of picts of rebuilds all ready short of picts of porting cylinders, real hard to hold the tools and camera at the same time while grinding..LOL I can take picts of the finished product..LOL

I pretty much took the 034 apart. Swapped out the impulse line. Took the cylinder off. Gonna replace it with one of my spares, After thinking about it overnight. I put it all back together thinking it's probably gonna be fine (which I'm sure it would be fine) but got two cylinders that are pretty much mint. might as well just cuz I want something to do lol. Got a couple little projects on my running saws

I knew that saw needed an impulse line, was just a quick fix done on it one day to get it out for a cutting job. The P&C seemed fine and made good power so I never pulled that one off but if you have a better one ,why not..LOL
I have the same saw but its a ported 036 PRO, no difference really from an 034 Super but once ported these saws become a bigger saw powerwise in a nice lighter more nimble frame. I must find you a front handle, just need to move 50 or so saws and 3 - 4 boxes of parts, there is one there, well several there someplace....LOL

I knew that saw needed an impulse line, was just a quick fix done on it one day to get it out for a cutting job. The P&C seemed fine and made good power so I never pulled that one off but if you have a better one ,why not..LOL
I have the same saw but its a ported 036 PRO, no difference really from an 034 Super but once ported these saws become a bigger saw powerwise in a nice lighter more nimble frame. I must find you a front handle, just need to move 50 or so saws and 3 - 4 boxes of parts, there is one there, well several there someplace....LOL

LOL I was thinking finished product for the pics haha. I wouldn't be that hard on ya to expect you to have three hands LOL. the piston looks great. Still machine marks on it but the cylinder had some pretty Groved marks on the exhaust port side. I was gonna use and hope for the best but it ain't hard to swap a cylinder in there. have to take my verniers out and check what diameter the bore is Before I replace. no worries about the handle. Take your time man :) I'm not a Russian LOL

Back