Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold again but sunny, no melting today.
Hi Jerry!!
Slow cold rain, dreary, but snow melt! Melt been going on now for a few days. By the forecast snow should be gone by weeks end! Thank God! Had snow right up to the top of this bay window!! Too much for us "Flatlanders!"
Needed snow shoes this winter to get out to the wood!!!

Hi Jerry!!
Slow cold rain, dreary, but snow melt! Melt been going on now for a few days. By the forecast snow should be gone by weeks end! Thank God! Had snow right up to the top of this bay window!! Too much for us "Flatlanders!"
Needed snow shoes this winter to get out to the wood!!!

Yes Bobby, we had too much snow and cold here as well. I only had 8' in front of my place, have had 12' a few years back. It has dropped about 3' this past week but we have more coming. My BIL had just over 13' at his place, needed a front end loader to clear his driveway, estimated 6-9 tandem truckloads to clear 100' of driveway. We had 2 rains during the snow fall periods, that helped keep the total snow fall down somewhat, the rain flash froze though so each time we ended up with 3-4" of ice on top of the new snow.

IMG_20150314_150033.jpg

3 fine German survival tools :)

LOL , I'm still surprised at how much wood we got down in a few hours , some good logs to saw up as well .
Way more than I thot .

You would really be surprised at what we could drop in a real nice ridge of standing spruce. My Fil would say he had a good day if he got 200 trees down, limed and cut to length in a day.

Windy out there right now. I see some new snow on the ground :(

You would really be surprised at what we could drop in a real nice ridge of standing spruce. My Fil would say he had a good day if he got 200 trees down, limed and cut to length in a day.

Ya I believe that. If you were getting paid by the amount you got cut, you would work your ass off haha :)

Back