Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny part is I can tell you the day that was taken without lookin at the timestamp .

2013-03-30 11.29.25.jpg

Wasn't pretty wood but some was pre split LOL
Jerry cut a load for a friend , I struggled just to give him a hand to load , it was one of them dark days for me because mobility wasn't happening very well for me , struggle and lots of pain , Remembrance Day 2013 .

2013-07-31%2B08.54.02.jpg

It was a dark day for me with the doubt in my mind that I might not be able to get back to where I was .
But ,,,,,,, Now .

IMG_20140301_082657.jpg

Not perfect but you'll never hear any complaints from me , ever .

Funny part is I can tell you the day that was taken without lookin at the timestamp .

View attachment 410783

Wasn't pretty wood but some was pre split LOL
Jerry cut a load for a friend , I struggled just to give him a hand to load , it was one of them dark days for me because mobility wasn't happening very well for me , struggle and lots of pain , Remembrance Day 2013 .

2013-07-31%2B08.54.02.jpg

It was a dark day for me with the doubt in my mind that I might not be able to get back to where I was .
But ,,,,,,, Now .

IMG_20140301_082657.jpg

Not perfect but you'll never hear any complaints from me , ever .
Looks like a mobile hardware store

You have a built in barometer. I'm glad you made it through to saw another day.
Mid 40s today and cloudy, snows a going

I think that barometer thing is over rated , I can't predict shyte cause it don't change with the weather .

In a nutshell , I was clearing a house lot , jumped and lost traction got my foot jambed between a rock and a root or 2 rocks when I fell , foot was pointing in a direction that I wasn't , cut a crutch and got to my car about 700 yards away , drove 15 minutes to my brother's house , he took me down to emerge , I got rushed to the head of the line , didn't even have to take a number LOL , they didn't believe me when I told then the pain wasn't that bad so they juiced me up anyway .
I stayed in for 2 weeks for 3 sets of surgery because they couldn't set everything at once , they sucked , worst pain I ever felt was surgery #2 , nothig the gave me made the pain go away for 2 days , at least I got a semi private room for free .
The recovery road was long but I was getting pretty mobile by the following summer till they found I had broke some hardware and a pin shifted between the joint which was causing some "slight" discomfort so back in I go for some hardware removal , got a semi private room again for free and got laid up yet one more time for about 4 months just to start all over again .
Lots of physio therapy , being broke , self employed and the need for heat has got me to the mobility I have now and you can ask Jerry , I can get by pretty good now and maybe better than some with no disability .
The surgeries sucked , there were a lot of times that the pain meds did not much of anything and looking back a lot of days that were just grey even though the sun was shining , but , I wouldn't trade it for nothing because I sure learned a lot .
I have to thank Jerry for getting me a place to cut some wood and dropping off a load or two when I wasn't quite ready to do it myself and to the rest of the guys here that put up with my tales of woe as I went through those grey days .
My surgeon figured I'd be in for an ankle fusion , I thanked him for the good work he did just before Christmas past and told him he'd only see me if I needed the other leg fixed LOL
WCB has rated me 5% disabled , the surgeon said that an amputation at the ankle would rate about 7% on their scale .
You'll never see me throw in the towel and while I tell them how bad it is I'll never let them know how good it is ;)

I think that barometer thing is over rated , I can't predict shyte cause it don't change with the weather .

In a nutshell , I was clearing a house lot , jumped and lost traction got my foot jambed between a rock and a root or 2 rocks when I fell , foot was pointing in a direction that I wasn't , cut a crutch and got to my car about 700 yards away , drove 15 minutes to my brother's house , he took me down to emerge , I got rushed to the head of the line , didn't even have to take a number LOL , they didn't believe me when I told then the pain wasn't that bad so they juiced me up anyway .
I stayed in for 2 weeks for 3 sets of surgery because they couldn't set everything at once , they sucked , worst pain I ever felt was surgery #2 , nothig the gave me made the pain go away for 2 days , at least I got a semi private room for free .
The recovery road was long but I was getting pretty mobile by the following summer till they found I had broke some hardware and a pin shifted between the joint which was causing some "slight" discomfort so back in I go for some hardware removal , got a semi private room again for free and got laid up yet one more time for about 4 months just to start all over again .
Lots of physio therapy , being broke , self employed and the need for heat has got me to the mobility I have now and you can ask Jerry , I can get by pretty good now and maybe better than some with no disability .
The surgeries sucked , there were a lot of times that the pain meds did not much of anything and looking back a lot of days that were just grey even though the sun was shining , but , I wouldn't trade it for nothing because I sure learned a lot .
I have to thank Jerry for getting me a place to cut some wood and dropping off a load or two when I wasn't quite ready to do it myself and to the rest of the guys here that put up with my tales of woe as I went through those grey days .
My surgeon figured I'd be in for an ankle fusion , I thanked him for the good work he did just before Christmas past and told him he'd only see me if I needed the other leg fixed LOL
WCB has rated me 5% disabled , the surgeon said that an amputation at the ankle would rate about 7% on their scale .
You'll never see me throw in the towel and while I tell them how bad it is I'll never let them know how good it is ;)

I can second any part of this post, Dan is one tough cookie!!!

Latest posts

Back