Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never worked for or under a boss that knew the trade he was being boss over, they just ruled and left the work to us underlings, best ones just asked what we needed for the next day,next week and made sure materials were there on time. Time schedule would be discussed and the crew would make it happen.

That all sounds just about right John.......managers have the misconception that they know the hands on stuff on how the job works...some do if they worked their up through the company or trade...most by far don't....ego is what got them the job but it is their worst enemy when trying to manage something they never learned. I've met very few "higher ups" that would listen to what they were told by a mere worker drone. Used really pizz me off when I was younger.....now I say my piece and if it doesn't sink in I try again......if that don't make a splash.....I been known to set a trap......and once sprung I have plausible deniability....."Dunno Bozz....thought you knew what you was doing......Hate to be an "I told ya so"...butt....I did....'membaaah???" Failure and embarrassment are the best teachers.....right up there with pain....ego hates to learn....especially if the lesson is coming from an "underling".....when I manage men and we're on a project I'm willing to listen to anyone/everyone..... ask for opinions/thoughts. I may discount opinions along the way but I don't know how many times a bottom rung helper has seen a better way to an end than I/we had envisioned. You can be in charge but if you want to keep learning, leave your ego at the door.....the biggest reason I do the work I do is to keep learning.....that's what makes the work enjoyable to me.
You would be a boss I could get along with very well ! Like most I worked for in that mill . Very few moved up to a boss job , sure liked the ones that did . that one azzhole boss hated any boss that moved up that way . And I am so positive cause they knew better than him how things worked . LOL He was a educated , mechanical engineer . But couldn't change a sparkplug in a mower ! LOL Only one time in 24 yrs. around that a-hole I got him to admit I was better with mechanical stuff than him !! He musta needed something very badly from me , but I ferget ? LOL Had to be I was in shock !! LOL His Dad was way up the ladder at that co. , so he got where he was very fast and easy .

I have never worked for or under a boss that knew the trade he was being boss over, they just ruled and left the work to us underlings, best ones just asked what we needed for the next day,next week and made sure materials were there on time. Time schedule would be discussed and the crew would make it happen.
Best one I can member from that mill , was the guy they hired to manage all processing in the ( steel mill ) . Did that because he came from a amish furniture factory !! LMAO !! And he didn't last to long . LOL Nother story there on how he got fired . LOL All it was , he got used big time by ones that knew better , and knew he had no clue what was going on . LOL The ones that should have been fired didn't get fired . But that goes into another story bout knowing where the bodies are buried is why the main one didn't get fired . LOL

Saw this at Harley today....

9d8214c1c6014da20f27732d06afb592.jpg

Best one I can member from that mill , was the guy they hired to manage all processing in the ( steel mill ) . Did that because he came from a amish furniture factory !! LMAO !! And he didn't last to long . LOL Nother story there on how he got fired . LOL All it was , he got used big time by ones that knew better , and knew he had no clue what was going on . LOL The ones that should have been fired didn't get fired . But that goes into another story bout knowing where the bodies are buried is why the main one didn't get fired . LOL
Saw this at Harley today....

9d8214c1c6014da20f27732d06afb592.jpg

Ear ring????

The Ducati dealer I use down in Windham has a great advertisement........the counter top where you talk and pay is glass....the cabinet has a false top about 4 inches below the glass....in the compartment are two pistons and eight valves.....all the valves are in various states of bent, folded over and broken off. The pistons are too...one has no top at all...the other has a partial top but is missing half of the skirt...the sign next to this mess under the glass says..."This is what happens when YOU decide to put off the dealer specified timing belt changes" I bet he's installed a ton of timing belts!!!!!!

The Ducati dealer I use down in Windham has a great advertisement........the counter top where you talk and pay is glass....the cabinet has a false top about 4 inches below the glass....in the compartment are two pistons and eight valves.....all the valves are in various states of bent, folded over and broken off. The pistons are too...one has no top at all...the other has a partial top but is missing half of the skirt...the sign next to this mess under the glass says..."This is what happens when YOU decide to put off the dealer specified timing belt changes" I bet he's installed a ton of timing belts!!!!!!
Dealer today had 3 techs looking at a big twin cussing it. Had a hypercharger and drag pipes with no baffles. One guy going on and on how it needed to be rejetted and wasn't getting enough fuel. It was going to keep fouling plugs until bigger jets were put in or the drilled them out. The raw gas smell was THICK. I don't think it needed bigger..maybe smaller. Got my annual and ran.

LOL!!! If you're not running hard enough to break stuff,,,,, You won't win!!!!!

LOL!!! If you're not running hard enough to break stuff,,,,, You won't win!!!!!

LOL True......pretty difficult to run a SuperBike very hard on the street without dying or going to jail for felony speed....damn 916 is real long legged.....no red line on the tach...decided to find where the rev limiter cut in.....spooled her up to 105 mph...turning 11,650 rpm couldn't find the rev limiter...shifted into third, fourth. fifth, sixth with the throttle closed and returned to the speed limit more or less.....guess I don't really need to know anything more about the rev limiter........beyond my limit.. Been riding by the seat of my pants so long knew when to shift......at 11,000 +....no matter what the bike looked like you knew damn well you were on a two cylinder motorcycle Felt that vibration before......just way slower....view in the mirrors looked the same too.....LOL!!!

LOL True......pretty difficult to run a SuperBike very hard on the street without dying or going to jail for felony speed....damn 916 is real long legged.....no red line on the tach...decided to find where the rev limiter cut in.....spooled her up to 105 mph...turning 11,650 rpm couldn't find the rev limiter...shifted into third, fourth. fifth, sixth with the throttle closed and returned to the speed limit more or less.....guess I don't really need to know anything more about the rev limiter........beyond my limit.. Been riding by the seat of my pants so long knew when to shift......at 11,000 +....no matter what the bike looked like you knew damn well you were on a two cylinder motorcycle Felt that vibration before......just way slower....view in the mirrors looked the same too.....LOL!!!
6,800 rpm on mine....[emoji53]

I find it often.

I've ridden a few liter bikes. Damn fast and fun....I'd get in trouble. The Ulysses is bad enough...damn GPS max speed recall will get you in trouble.

Always fun. I had a car 929rr before that and a gsxr600 before that LOL I love em. Last crash I had was so close to being disastrous. Haven't bought another one yet. I got an itch tho.

Want something a little more tame for next time

Gone by me now...overcast but clearing slowly.....blew wicked in the night...drove down to the Copper Mine this morning just to get some pics of the copper work before the mason covered most of it with stone chimney......many trees down along the way....power stayed on all night much to my surprise... Good blow for sure...glad my boats are all tucked away still......

Latest posts

Back