Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be a nice day here......got the OH26 choke issue solved...starts and runs good now......the Poulan 3800 gave me fits once together....severe flooding......had to take the carb apart and reset the metering lever.....all good now starts right up and runs good too. Pulled Uncle Bob's 350 apart looking for the cause of the piston cook.....easy enough to find......intake boot was very loose on the cyl.....you could see where the rubber had been chafing on the aluminum of the intake.....been looking over this China 346XPee P&C.......looks OK....but the 350 cyl will clean up and I think with a little grinding and a new piston might be the way to go...and of course using a Stihl intake clamp rather than the plastic fantastic POS that came on there.....dunno....stihl thinking about which way to go.....

Top end cost bout same as a piston with no extra work to do ? But OEM is good also ? The 346 AM will run a bit better than the OEM jug ? Hard choice ! LOL

If it was mine to use , AM all the way .

Dunno John......not liking the piston to cyl fit on the AM.....seems real loose...near as I can measure it has 0.006-0.007 clearance.....that's getting well on it's way to worn out in my book....at least compared to OEM. This 350 cyl looks like it could be worked up to be very close to the XP transfers with a little grinding, The 346 piston is a flat top but the 350 has a dished low compression piston......now did I once read somewhere that the 353 piston is a flat top and is a better replacement for the 350 piston????? Is this true, do you know John??? Or anyone else for that matter......need to know all the options.....this is a family saw.....not going to go away......it will haunt me if I fak it arp...you know.....

Dunno John......not liking the piston to cyl fit on the AM.....seems real loose...near as I can measure it has 0.006-0.007 clearance.....that's getting well on it's way to worn out in my book....at least compared to OEM. This 350 cyl looks like it could be worked up to be very close to the XP transfers with a little grinding, The 346 piston is a flat top but the 350 has a dished low compression piston......now did I once read somewhere that the 353 piston is a flat top and is a better replacement for the 350 piston????? Is this true, do you know John??? Or anyone else for that matter......need to know all the options.....this is a family saw.....not going to go away......it will haunt me if I fak it arp...you know.....
353 is a flat top piston , and yer AM piston sounds like **** ! In that jug least . Changed muh mind , OEM jug , new flat top piston be best . And a little grinding !! LOL

353 is a flat top piston , and yer AM piston sounds like **** ! In that jug least . Changed muh mind , OEM jug , new flat top piston be best . And a little grinding !! LOL

Yep just found a flat top Meteor 353 piston for $34.65 delivered........gonna clean this cyl up and if it's good, order that.......save the AM one for when I find a burnt up 350 to try it on......for muh self......Thanks John!!

Yep just found a flat top Meteor 353 piston for $34.65 delivered........gonna clean this cyl up and if it's good, order that.......save the AM one for when I find a burnt up 350 to try it on......for muh self......Thanks John!!
Sure happy I could give a little info back fer a change !! LOL

Them Meteors have always been good pistons , used several in 350s .

Latest posts

Back