Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page II Alert!!!! Been busy here.......truck almost ready to put the rear body back on.....bit more rust prevention to do on that yet......truck is back in running condition and able to move about on it's own again. Should get the bed installed by mid day tomorrow....
Been a long haul on yer truck , to bad you don't get to drive it . LOL

Been a long haul on yer truck , to bad you don't get to drive it . LOL

Yes it has......but not much different than any other of projects I get into....like that red Saab project...or the boat....or?? LOL!!

It is to bad.....but...I'll get to drive it a little....maybe......

Good job Robin, you put the effort into it and it should give a few more years of service. Durn rust will still get er down the road, swimming in a salt brine 24-7-365.

Yep.......just putting off the inevitable......but the price of trucks is off the scale these days....I'll keep fixing it until gives up...right now I got more time than money....maybe that'll change.....maybe not...

Never heard of that stuff before ? Wonder whats its made from ?

Here is link to one of most commonly used product:
http://www.dinol.com/index.php/de/p...otection-main/959-dinitrol-449-black-1-l-12-p

My Volvo 240 lasted from 1983 to 2008 thanks to that coating, would of lasted even longer if previous owner (and I) would of kept maintaining that coating.

There is also thinner coating, I believe that at least in UK it is called waxoil, which goes inside box frames and like those cross members in your truck, it keeps moisture off from metal while remaining flexible.

If coating is checked every year and kept in good condition, rust can't really take hold to frame and it does handle more abuse than paint, but nothing is set and forget solution really.

Bad point of coating is that forgetting it for 10 years or so and it might wear thin on some spots, where moisture, salt water etc. gets between metal and coating, it is downhill quite fast from there, so that is why it should be maintained and serviced so that it does not get thin.

At old times there was a law that all sold vehicles had to have such rust proofing here, cars without rust proofing rotted away in just few years because they began salting roads, so such coatings were developed by some companies and they work really well.

Latest posts

Back