Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have many different undercoating here as well......one that seems to be in favor currently around here is called "Fluid Film". It is lanolin based rather than petroleum based. This needs to be reapplied every year or two.

As you say, the key to any rust proofing is not just doing it once but keeping up on repairing or reapplying the coating.

Before winter returns I plan on completing what was done on the back half of the frame, on the front half and pulling the rear bed off again and fluid filming the entire frame. inside and out............rust never sleeps. I also have a 1976 244 that is solid as a rock but it has never been driven in the winter.......I plan on fluid filming that as well as the original undercoating is failing here and there.

My old 79 GMC sat outside and was driven every day for 34 years by me through all sorts of conditions. I did the undercoating on that truck each spring and fall, rust never got a toe hold on it and it still has a near mint frame and all cross members, the floor of the cab and box had absolutely zero rust when I let it go. It was undercoated with a mixture of a product like WD40 and grease with a handful of graphite dust thrown in for to give it body. When I first began undercoating there was no suitable product on the market for backyard undercoaters like myself. All of the commercial undercoaters of that time are long gone, their product sucked! Bondco, Rust Stop and Ziebart all failed miserably.

Think my insides need coated with something ? Its all failing slowly . LOL

Don't get Teflon coating though, nothing sticks on that, not even memory of where I put my keys, or I just had that torx bit on my hand and I put it down, but where that was where I did put that torx bit down to, that Teflon surely is a non stick material LOL

Looks like your water theft issues are getting out of hand, there is not enough for fish to drink and soon fish will turn their attention to some quality beverages!

LOL!! Thieves bring in all back and take it away again every 12 hrs......at this particular place the tides are 50 feet...more on an moon tide or storm.....

LOL!! Thieves bring in all back and take it away again every 12 hrs......at this particular place the tides are 50 feet...more on an moon tide or storm.....

See, you have heard about moonshine? That it really is, all the fish getting really drunk once in a month.

Water thieves is what they tell the Neptune after they get bit silver, except those common roaches, they just pretend to be silver, just look into their eyes and you see the truth, it is a hangover overtime! :D

I remain very skeptical about this tide business, must be some coverup so we don't get any ideas about drunken mermaids...

Woot !!!!

OKiRevHtsGl9j07c61i9fMviZgz142pItweOqU799UC5r64pEMMBMRNCI9SbbzGxSgXJeGT1mg=w739-h805-no

Met a guy that talks funny in a parking lot , I got some tall green cans and a Blue Buddy :)
That little Red Buddy is for John :)

Back