Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a large number of "saw projects in waiting"......some real nice examples...need to sell a few of the "runners" off I guess.....can't cut enough wood to keep them all in good working order.....

Been getting ready to do a big project on my small camp.....want to move it about 15 feet.....jack it up, level it up on concrete pads, new PT sills, new PT joists...then Ill have a starting point....LOL!!!
That sounds like fun.......will work for food.

I got a capstan winch for a saw.....throw it in the van?

That sounds like fun.......will work for food.

I got a capstan winch for a saw.....throw it in the van?

Hey Unc!! Thanks for the offer of help. Not sure it would work out though. I'll be doing this work in Nov. once all the campers and recreational boaters have given it up and I have the place to myself. Due to unstable fall weather conditions there is no telling when I can come and go from there. Dave and I replaced the entire roof framing on the larger cabin a few years back.....we were stuck there for 2 weeks, unable to leave due to high wind and seas.....as it was, the morning we left we had to leave all the tools and extra weight behind and it was still a white knuckle trip....left at 6AM....the calmest it was forecast to be that day factoring tide and wind.....using full power to climb steep waves then instantly off the throttle coming down the backside.....more like riding a dirt bike than a boat!!! We also picked up 10" of snow right in the middle of that project...no snow shovel and shoveling snow off the roof with a spade was poor.

That capstan sounds interesting but I have a real nice cast aluminum frame 2 ton "LugAll" come-a-long and plenty of chain and that will move it easily on rolls. Last time I hauled it back up over the bank and the 60 feet to where it now sits I did it with one of those cheep $15, pressed tin come-a-longs......you know the ones.....the ones that the shear point is the break away handles that once they break away they are broken for good!!!

Hard to remember a nicer day on the water.....we ran down the bay at 35mph.....turning 3800.....just loping....flat calm with hardly any ocean swell......didn't even jiggle the bubbles outa muh Ballantine......

Getting into the water was a different story......there were 5 Subarus parked all over the boat ramp......old women in comfortable shoes.....standing around, talking and eating alcohol infused fruit......Are u Chitting me!!!....... The bride said "You should go down and explain that you have an interest in putting your boat in the water"........PFFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!! Nope.....I'll just back this bigazzed boat/trailer right down through the whole mess!!. Sorry ladies......I'm having a Ron Moment!!!!!! The bride sensed that this might not end well and ran down before I backed ovah a few plastic speed bumps.......HHISSS!!!! Not a happy heterosexual Me........

At the place I once always launched it was getting ridiculous, people were standing around jawing for way too long before launching their boat and getting their vehicle and trailer off the launch ramp. I seen myself sitting waiting for over 30 mins while jerks jawed away with other jerks telling stories, talking over old times and generally pissing many off that wanted to launch a boat. I moved my boat to another private launch site where boats are launched and moved in less than 5 mins.

At the place I once always launched it was getting ridiculous, people were standing around jawing for way too long before launching their boat and getting their vehicle and trailer off the launch ramp. I seen myself sitting waiting for over 30 mins while jerks jawed away with other jerks telling stories, talking over old times and generally pissing many off that wanted to launch a boat. I moved my boat to another private launch site where boats are launched and moved in less than 5 mins.

Yeah...this time of year really sucks down in Stonington.....I generally try to time my departures/arrivals early or late but yesterday high tide was at 3pm so I wanted to be in the water at noon and back out at 6....half tide is best for me at the only boat ramp in town...but the middle of the day the place is covered with slackers just enjoying life and the wonder of it all, with little/no regard for anyone else.........I meen it says "Vacationland" right on our license plates....right? We're all on vacation aren't we?? Perhaps, but I swear some are just "Out to Lunch"!!!

Back