Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold it to someone , can't member who now ? Memory aint to good any more , short term really sucks ! Doc said its cause of being in a coma ?

They say that there are three things that fail you as you age. The first one is that your memory goes to crap. The second thing is... er... um, well, I cannot recall that one, but the third thing is, um, damn, I cannot remember that one either!

So, there you have it.

Starving fer fuel maybe ? LOL Seen that problem on a couple saws before . Killed both them too I think ? LOL

Me too......Somehow this one lived through it...piston looks fine. Some dummy put a slash cut on the fuel line to get it through the hole in the tank and didn't cut it off after......just put the filter on the end of the slash cut hose.....that didn't end well......filter looks good......after I fished it out of the tank......hardly used..

Me too......Somehow this one lived through it...piston looks fine. Some dummy put a slash cut on the fuel line to get it through the hole in the tank and didn't cut it off after......just put the filter on the end of the slash cut hose.....that didn't end well......filter looks good......after I fished it out of the tank......hardly used..
Now that is a new one on me ! LMAO !!! Seen no filters before , but usually cause they couldn't get it on the line , just give up and tossed it it . LOL

Sounds like may be a simple fix , hope so ! LOL
Oh Gawd no......he lent this saw out....top cover was broke, recoil cover was broke, plastic recoil pulley was beat as was the plastic carrier.....someone had put it back together without the washer on the center screw....metal pulley dogs came out and wore a deep gouge in the flywheel. Oil cap was broke, switch was broke, chain catcher was gone.....and it was wicked dirty...not a quick fix!!!!

Like working on an island......lotta luggin!!!! Gonna be crappy here Sat.....may go out to the camp for just a day trip Sun.....bail the skiff etc.....Good luck with your project!!

I'm getting near the end of other peoples saws that have been at the shop for sometime. Good to get them out the door!!

I have a few of Dan`s saws still here, might get to them someday....LOL ..Rest are all mine, have plenty of good runners, no hurry to fix/build more for me!!

Yep, my camp is just like being on an island, drag everything there by boat load.

I have a large number of "saw projects in waiting"......some real nice examples...need to sell a few of the "runners" off I guess.....can't cut enough wood to keep them all in good working order.....

Been getting ready to do a big project on my small camp.....want to move it about 15 feet.....jack it up, level it up on concrete pads, new PT sills, new PT joists...then Ill have a starting point....LOL!!!

I have a large number of "saw projects in waiting"......some real nice examples...need to sell a few of the "runners" off I guess.....can't cut enough wood to keep them all in good working order.....

Been getting ready to do a big project on my small camp.....want to move it about 15 feet.....jack it up, level it up on concrete pads, new PT sills, new PT joists...then Ill have a starting point....LOL!!!

Big project, whole new floor will take some time.

Big project, whole new floor will take some time.

Getting the material there will the biggest thing......the small camp is only 12 foot square...LOL!! In 1978 I rescued it off the beach...the lawn eroded about 10 feet in a big storm and the camp tipped down over the bank.....at that time it needed sills so I went down along the shore picking up straight spruce poles for rolls and new sills.......come-a-longed it about 60 feet to where it now is. Me and a 7 year old boy.....took us 5 days. My new 49SP proved very useful for that project.....as it will in the next phase!!

Yep on the getting materials out to the camp! My old camp was built at home in our yard in panels, then trucked out to the lake on a logging truck. Unloaded onto the 30' cape islander and made its way up to the campyard. Slid the panels off down long spruce poles and slid/dragged them up to the camp deck/floor and then raised them one by one. Roof got stick framed in place, took 3 weekends with 4 - 5 of us working daylight til after dark mid June into July to get er roof tight. Then I added another section to the front, same size as the back/original camp, did that when I was a teen. That was about all that got done to it till I tackled er last year, want to keep on with renos now as time allows til its finished out inside, front section first and then the rear section. Need to get a good sized storage shed up next to move stuff out into, way too much stuff accumulated up there over the years.

Back