Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been up in the woodpile......535 did very well...no 'splosions.....it's good to go away!!!!
The 590 still isn't right.......starts good and runs well but won't idle very long.....be idling along nice an smooth then it'll just stop and might start back up or....not...doesn't smoke or act flooded.....hmmmm. The 490 will sit and idle all day long, NEVER stalls....590 goes back on the bench this afternoon.....

Got to try and go through a guy's Husky 42 Special this afternoon......kind of mangy looking thing....been under a bench that was used to paint lobster buoys on I'd say.....very bright paint splatter and drizzles all over the orange plastic......however took the top cover off yesterday and was pleased to see the inside was clean and very low hr.....cyl was all silver like new almost!! Should be good to go home with the usual carb clean/kit and fuel line....again...leaving $$$ behind in it's wake....

How have you been doing John?

I talked to Uncle Rob for a good while the other day. We sure had a big time that weekend huh? :)
Stihl hanging in there .

Weekend was just way too short !! Most fun I have had in a very long time ! Once in a lifetime kinda thing it seems . LOL

Stihl hanging in there .

Weekend was just way too short !! Most fun I have had in a very long time ! Once in a lifetime kinda thing it seems . LOL

Bubba pulled out that knife you gave him a few days ago. Still looks like the day you handed it to him. I told him I was proud of him for taking good care of it. He reminded me that he had to.....because it was a gift from a friend. :)

Needless to say, I was even prouder then.

Went through a saw yesterday for a client.....was not impressed before I got into it. Don't have much use for saws under 49/50cc. This one was kinda mangy looking to boot. Paint drizzlings all over it....a little dirty too. Been putting off working on it for 6 months for lack of interest. But have some time right now and a bunch of saws that need to back to their owners...running. So I takes the cover off this saw......my!!......clean as a whistle inside....no discoloration on the cyl from heat or even hardly any dust/dirt buildup. I don't think I have ever worked on a so well thought out saw. All linkages and parts came apart easily and went back together just as easy.....no tricks needed....whoever was in charge designing this one really knew what he/she/they was doing. I was very impressed!!! Everything went the extra mile in design.....right down to the little plastic roller on the trigger end of the throttle linkage where it contacts the trigger.......smooth to operate and slick to remove/replace. Screws all lined up to the outside so there was no fighting with screw heads in behind something else......a real pleasure to work on. Never even seen one before....I started to wonder why a 42cc saw would need a decompression valve....It starts and runs great....solid and smooth running.....it's going up to Mikey's hardwood pile this morning for a run.....the saw is a 1997 Husqvarna 42 Special.....very, very nice for a small saw...not the usual cheap Husky small saw offering....:numberone: :cheers:

Bubba pulled out that knife you gave him a few days ago. Still looks like the day you handed it to him. I told him I was proud of him for taking good care of it. He reminded me that he had to.....because it was a gift from a friend. :)

Needless to say, I was even prouder then.
Gotta say it sure makes me super happy to hear that too ! He had a good time just like the rest of us did . LOL
Hate what it took to get everyone there , but gotta take what ya get and go with it . You know all bout being sick , and how it changes everything .

Didn't know anything at the time , but the docs and nurses told my family not to expect me to make it . None of them gave me much chance of getting through that . But I did !!! Oldest person to ever walk away from that roto bed thing . Next guy in there didn't make it , he was only in his 40s they told me . They wanted to take me to that bed in Cleveland , but couldn't move me , so they flew it to me . Stihl got pix of me in that thing my brother took . They told him that bed was my only chance to live . Sucky part is that crap is stihl gonna get me , just slower getting there . Aint worth a **** no more . Crap got into my heart , didn't make things any better . LOL
I just say I aint done yet .

Went through a saw yesterday for a client.....was not impressed before I got into it. Don't have much use for saws under 49/50cc. This one was kinda mangy looking to boot. Paint drizzlings all over it....a little dirty too. Been putting off working on it for 6 months for lack of interest. But have some time right now and a bunch of saws that need to back to their owners...running. So I takes the cover off this saw......my!!......clean as a whistle inside....no discoloration on the cyl from heat or even hardly any dust/dirt buildup. I don't think I have ever worked on a so well thought out saw. All linkages and parts came apart easily and went back together just as easy.....no tricks needed....whoever was in charge designing this one really knew what he/she/they was doing. I was very impressed!!! Everything went the extra mile in design.....right down to the little plastic roller on the trigger end of the throttle linkage where it contacts the trigger.......smooth to operate and slick to remove/replace. Screws all lined up to the outside so there was no fighting with screw heads in behind something else......a real pleasure to work on. Never even seen one before....I started to wonder why a 42cc saw would need a decompression valve....It starts and runs great....solid and smooth running.....it's going up to Mikey's hardwood pile this morning for a run.....the saw is a 1997 Husqvarna 42 Special.....very, very nice for a small saw...not the usual cheap Husky small saw offering....:numberone: :cheers:
I have worked on a couple of them , sure easy to work on .

Just enjoy each and every second John. That's all we can do. Live in this day......yesterday is gone, and we have no promise of tomorrow.
Try my best every day . Never know if you have a tomorrow . Life sure has slowed down for me , but if I wake up its another good day . Lot of tough days lately , but just can't ever give up !

Latest posts

Back