Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is and I still have plenty of it to bring home yet, been covered all fall and is still bone dry. If I don`t use it all before really cold weather arrives I will load the rest on the truck and drop it off at Billy`s.

Only -4, I would still be sweating doing a lil bit of physical work. Last weekend my clothes were soaked after lifting wood onto the trailer all day, temps were about two degrees above freezing.

That's 4 below zerra 'Merican......not 'Nadian.....32 degrees difference...'Merican that is...

I grew up on the Fahrenheit measure, we lived with that until Trudeau was duped into thinking the world, including the US was all going to change to the Metric system. I think in old Imperial measure and mentally convert it to Metric. So minus two means 30 and 4 below means 4 degrees below zero F, I would still sweat at minus 4F, not as bad as at 30F but my underclothes would still be wet. Very dangerous to do that and then stop, chills set in quickly so when I finish work I am quick to pile into the truck with the heater on til I get home and have a hot bath, yes bath, no chitty shower fer me...LOL

Sorting through a bucket full of new chain I bought 4 - 5 years back, most of it is either .058 and ,063 but almost all of my bars for this type and size of chain is .050. Maybe I can sort out the most used bars and slot them up to the next size so I can start using up all this new chain. Havn`t bought a loop of chain for any of my saws for a long spell, maybe never buy another new loop again.

No thanks, I did a sweat lodge thing once, not for me!
No?.....I like a good sauna myself.....great after a long day out in the cold framing or what ever. I built a nice one for a client...wood fired from outside.....every piece you see was milled at my sawmill....except the cedar shingles.....really would like one for myself....plan to one day.....but like a lot of things....!!!

That's a 'Nadian stove too BTW...
Peter's Sauna 005.jpg Peter's Sauna 014.jpg Peter's Sauna 010.jpg Peter's Sauna 011.jpg Peter's Sauna 012.jpg

Memba seeing those picts from before, still a very nice job done on that one but I don`t evah want to be inside a steam room again. One of my first real jobs was boiler repair, big sukas like the 20' Volcanes and Clever Brooks type, pull the end doors open and those things were still 500 + degrees, hit them with water spray and you had instant dirty steam, temp in the boiler room would soar accordingly. Work/job was not done til that boiler was back on line, seen many 20 - 24 hour straight shifts doing that ****. Permanently dyed black from the soot inside the tubes, taste sulfur for evah afterward. Good monies for hard ,hot, dirty work but a killer on ones health. About 9 months was more than enough for me, bought and payed for my car, then went looking for something less dirty! Never liked or wanted to be in steamy places again. Hot water is all I want to be in now and not even 14 beautiful womens can talk me into doing that sweat lodge thing again!!

Memba seeing those picts from before, still a very nice job done on that one but I don`t evah want to be inside a steam room again. One of my first real jobs was boiler repair, big sukas like the 20' Volcanes and Clever Brooks type, pull the end doors open and those things were still 500 + degrees, hit them with water spray and you had instant dirty steam, temp in the boiler room would soar accordingly. Work/job was not done til that boiler was back on line, seen many 20 - 24 hour straight shifts doing that ****. Permanently dyed black from the soot inside the tubes, taste sulfur for evah afterward. Good monies for hard ,hot, dirty work but a killer on ones health. About 9 months was more than enough for me, bought and payed for my car, then went looking for something less dirty! Never liked or wanted to be in steamy places again. Hot water is all I want to be in now and not even 14 beautiful womens can talk me into doing that sweat lodge thing again!!

Understandable.......however this is basically a dry sauna.....generally runs at around 140 degrees 'Merican.......you can spritz a bit of water on the rocks with a cedar bow to help with breathing but not a steam bath.......just a dry sauna.....only stay in about 20 mins at a time........mmmmmmmmmm........Man I could use one right now......7 hrs putting up rafters/collar ties/blocking at 20 degrees and wind at 25mph.....alas.......amber fluid will have to do......and a hot shower.

20161210_154600.jpg

Stihl cut spruce and a couple of sticks of pfffftfir .
Drove 2 tractors from the woodlot , 1.5 miles each trip , wide open , 15F without the wind thrill ...

20161210_154600.jpg

Stihl cut spruce and a couple of sticks of pfffftfir .
Drove 2 tractors from the woodlot , 1.5 miles each trip , wide open , 15F without the wind thrill ...

OOOOOooh I would love to "like" that......but I know what that's all about..........drove a Cub tractor towing a square baler 4 miles in Feb.......was dressed to pitch hay from a mow into the baler......wore a paper grain bag as a coat on muh journey......hilly too.....had to full stop to down shift the tractor......I wuz froze...... but being 15 yrs old and driving on the road was so worth it.......took me 2.5 hrs.....

Latest posts

Back