Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power Wagons were the new trucks when I was learning to drive, a 45 Ford was the field truck that I learned on, had a brake on one wheel.
Lol. Yeah. Same here. When there were fewer "roads" in the Adirondacks. Now the rich folks come in.

Anyway. A guy put 48" tires and a Chevy motor in a GammaGoat.
Ran nice. Street legal. And quieter!!!!!! Original engine was a Detroit diesel.......hearing protection required to be in one.
Great way to sneak up on the enemy......
My baby brother ran them. Where the people would try to put them.
Universal problem with military vehicles.......
30 plus year old vehicles....
Driven by teen agers that don't own them, don't have to pay for repairs......and carbonating hormones.......trying to outdo one another.
I'd still like one. And live where the was a reason to own one.

And a M-113 isn't street legal.........I've tested those.....with no real limits......you tried to run over trees. If not....it is amazing how high they will climb them. And tracked vehicle that would do near 45 MPH.......

Busy day away from the job. Had to build some stools and such for the little ones.

First was a set of stairs for the little ones to be able to wash their hands and bush teeth with out being held or sitting on the counter.

6a1f27ce1f30c0732efd5999f78593dc.jpg

Then we needed some decent steps to get up on the potty....

891f018ca0f077e33d63027ad3f51646.jpg

Store bought ones are barely 8" wide and twice he has fallen off while trying to turn around on the top. (He walks up forward and then turns around to sit.) I can't have him falling off so I made some nice, wide and stable steps.

0a7a910f0c99cdd5ccde1225d3862ac0.jpg

Next serves double duty. Main purpose is a stool to sit on while giving and monitoring baths. Second is a place to park while coaching/encouraging potty training.

001da818379490f28ac1e23d038fe29c.jpg

All in all I spent too much time on them but they are solid wood, do not teeter or wobble, and will be around for a long time. All built out of 3/4 BC plywood and 1x material. Nothing over the top, but good solid, kid friendly pieces. Painting party coming up now.

Busy day away from the job. Had to build some stools and such for the little ones.

First was a set of stairs for the little ones to be able to wash their hands and bush teeth with out being held or sitting on the counter.

6a1f27ce1f30c0732efd5999f78593dc.jpg

Then we needed some decent steps to get up on the potty....

891f018ca0f077e33d63027ad3f51646.jpg

Store bought ones are barely 8" wide and twice he has fallen off while trying to turn around on the top. (He walks up forward and then turns around to sit.) I can't have him falling off so I made some nice, wide and stable steps.

0a7a910f0c99cdd5ccde1225d3862ac0.jpg

Next serves double duty. Main purpose is a stool to sit on while giving and monitoring baths. Second is a place to park while coaching/encouraging potty training.

001da818379490f28ac1e23d038fe29c.jpg

All in all I spent too much time on them but they are solid wood, do not teeter or wobble, and will be around for a long time. All built out of 3/4 BC plywood and 1x material. Nothing over the top, but good solid, kid friendly pieces. Painting party coming up now.

Ron coming over for a visit ?

Well......there are different kinds of parades.......great for cross country.........not as good as a Studebaker Weasel. Weasel was a LOT lighter. But not armored either.

My dad talked up the Weasel ,from the days he was in the army, they used them a lot in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies when training and during maneuvers, guess they will climb steep slopes with ease. Never seen one myself but got to mess about with a bren gun carrier more than I should have...LOL

Back