Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 hr shifts are the worst but they make you appreciate the weekend that much more.
When we were on 12s, weekends just meant you got to go home early. We were on 5:30-5:30 when I first started. Left at lunch on Sat and Sunday. Ive done a couple 6am-7-8pm Imma bit $ hungry they say :p Gov eats most of it though

You know who else is missing....Sparky. Where is he hiding? Did he get in that new ride and pull off into the sunset?

Jimmy....mobile.
Bet his hands are warm.... (that wasnt nice, Grape Ape pushing the SuperDrooly.)

Get well soon John!

Ghawdamnitalltohell John!!!!!l

I been out of touch for a spell, but my phone woke me up telling me I had a message at 1:32AM today......so being on the island and my daughter on the mainland and at the Homecoming at college........I could not let it go. Down on the dock I stumbled near nekid ...to the only spot that has cell connection......get my voicemail.....it's Jimdad telling me that Ron has posted an update and I might/should/better read it....????? Well I gotts no 'puter here....ain't been near one in a week.....cheeeit!!!! So I borrowed a laptop and am sitting on the granite front steps to the Island Town Hall tapping their WIFI and finally get the news!! And I gotta say it's a true crying shame....last damn thing John needed......I'll try to keep posted but won't be back on the mainland until late Monday..................................................

My thoughts and best wishes are with John and his family....sure hope they beat this..........quickly...

I can't leave you guys alone for a minute!!!!

To make matters worse...while John was getting admitted to the hospital I was busy having a blast getting married to my beautiful woman ( who I have always thought of as my wife) of the last 18yrs, out here on the island, on the ledge in front of my camp at high tide then up to town for a lavish reception with folks coming in by boat from all over....with the song Acadian Driftwood playing as we entered the big tent!Wish you could have been there John.........Get well soon we are all pulling for you!!!

I'll keep John in my thoughts. What a terrible thing for him and his family.

I've been working 12s for the last 7 years, 6pm to 6am, I don't mind it, you don't have to deal with admin very much.

**** Robin, I called you at about 9:00, sorry the message didn't come through till then. Congrats on your marriage!

OK,,i worked on a saw today . :)

picked this up a couple or so weeks ago at a yard sale for TWO dollars !!

i posted about it,,didnt know WHY i paid that much for it,,needed a handlebar..

today i got tired of tripping over it on the shop steps and picked it up a drained the water out of it..
some mix in the carb and it fired.
mix in the tank and it ran !
adjusted the carb and ran GOOD !
pulled muffler to check and like new inside,,so i painted the muffler . :)

took it apart and sprayed it with Pizz Off and got it clean..

modded the muffler and put it together.

found a 18in bar and painted it and flamed it !!.

will sharpen a chain and try it out...............

finally got me a WILD THANG !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!

attachment.php

OK,,i worked on a saw today . :)

picked this up a couple or so weeks ago at a yard sale for TWO dollars !!

i posted about it,,didnt know WHY i paid that much for it,,needed a handlebar..

today i got tired of tripping over it on the shop steps and picked it up a drained the water out of it..
some mix in the carb and it fired.
mix in the tank and it ran !
adjusted the carb and ran GOOD !
pulled muffler to check and like new inside,,so i painted the muffler . :)

took it apart and sprayed it with Pizz Off and got it clean..

modded the muffler and put it together.

found a 18in bar and painted it and flamed it !!.

will sharpen a chain and try it out...............

finally got me a WILD THANG !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!

attachment.php

That is hilarious man. Nice work!! Cool flames on the bar. From a template? :msp_thumbsup:

**** Robin, I called you at about 9:00, sorry the message didn't come through till then. Congrats on your marriage!

Hel yes. Congratulating the young couple

Off to the Neimann Marcus catalog

I told you guys that when I was tippin a glass in the diection of that island but youse guys had put me on ignore by then .....

I been out of touch for a spell, but my phone woke me up telling me I had a message at 1:32AM today......so being on the island and my daughter on the mainland and at the Homecoming at college........I could not let it go. Down on the dock I stumbled near nekid ...to the only spot that has cell connection......get my voicemail.....it's Jimdad telling me that Ron has posted an update and I might/should/better read it....????? Well I gotts no 'puter here....ain't been near one in a week.....cheeeit!!!! So I borrowed a laptop and am sitting on the granite front steps to the Island Town Hall tapping their WIFI and finally get the news!! And I gotta say it's a true crying shame....last damn thing John needed......I'll try to keep posted but won't be back on the mainland until late Monday..................................................

My thoughts and best wishes are with John and his family....sure hope they beat this..........quickly...

I can't leave you guys alone for a minute!!!!

To make matters worse...while John was getting admitted to the hospital I was busy having a blast getting married to my beautiful woman ( who I have always thought of as my wife) of the last 18yrs, out here on the island, on the ledge in front of my camp at high tide then up to town for a lavish reception with folks coming in by boat from all over....with the song Acadian Driftwood playing as we entered the big tent!Wish you could have been there John.........Get well soon we are all pulling for you!!!

Robin we'll take care of John best we can....go enjoy yourself. Congrats on the ceremony.

Jimmy....mobile.

I told you guys that when I was tippin a glass in the diection of that island but youse guys had put me on ignore by then .....

But you had your Fazer set on "MUMBLE" so it was hard to understand much.

Something about Robin.

Also about the lineage of some members and per haps a physically impossible act.......

Hey Dan!!!!

Evening fellas. Been strung out pretty thin lately. All part of the game. Looking forward to a nice holiday weekend with the folks.

Kills me to read the news about john. The wife and I are praying daily for him and his family. I haven't looked but is there an address yet?

Very sad, I know we are all praying for a safe and speedy recovery.

We miss ya John!

Latest posts

Back