Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening All.....sounds like everyone had an interesting weekend.....I had to attend another wedding yesterday...beautiful day.. ceremony took place on a point in a field looking down the bay with MDI to the east (left) and the Blue Hill peninsular on the west. After we took the wedding party to the reception by boat....I was in charge of champagne opening...my wife was in charge of pouring.....the really cool thing was the boat.....we were on a 37' Hinckley T37MKIII Picnic Boat......for those that don't know what this...google it....way nice...twin 320HP V8 Turbo Diesels running two Hamilton Jet drives.....this is like $350,000.00 picnic boat. Beautiful craft.....touchscreen 3D chartplotter/with radar overlay tied into the autopilot...touch the screen and hit "goto" and it will navigate form one bouy to the next until you arrive...."look ma no hands"....so THIS is how the 1% struggle to get by these days????

Spent the weekend at the place on the lake, got to run chainsaws both days.Now have enough wood for 4-5 years...LOL

Sounds like fun.......I gotta dust off a couple saws and get busy myself.....gotta mount the splitter on back on the tractor too.....and change the oil in the tractor too....plenty to do......gotta get back to the "J" thing tomorrow ....be sitting on a FWD backhoe all day.....playing in the dirt....

Sounds like fun.......I gotta dust off a couple saws and get busy myself.....gotta mount the splitter on back on the tractor too.....and change the oil in the tractor too....plenty to do......gotta get back to the "J" thing tomorrow ....be sitting on a FWD backhoe all day.....playing in the dirt....

It was a good change, almost as good as a rest. Cleaned up the yard, had an outdoor fire burning up brush n leaves. Place is now ready for winter, wood under cover, lots of kindling and birchbark inside. Only need to bring the float up out of the water a little later.

Bass I've had before was pretty good. If you go fishing in the sewer then anything is going to taste a little funny:msp_w00t:

Love catfish. Good stuff for a bottom feeder. Was plentiful in Alabama when I lived there on the Mississipi but not here in the MD area. Apparently have to go to Conowingo or another place I cant think of right now to catch good ones of them.

Busy day here.....took a ride to the parents and threw a few saws in the truck..

Surprised the heck out of dad when I gave him my 350 and fresh 372 BB - ported. Can't get that kind of smile for a million dollars. Waiting on someone to come get this Gravely right now...

No "J" thing for me tomorrow. I've got off the next few days. Was hoping to put saws together but no parts coming in until later in the week. Grrr.

So instead I'm working on flipping the axles on my trailer over the spring to lower it with my FIL. I just need an extra set of hands. It's fun to watch and listen to him after a few Miller Lights.

It'll be nice to be away from work for a few days.

Got a load of red oak split tonight after the family cookout and church and stacked in the wood shed. Still about 1/2 way to go till full and another pile in the back yard to split and stack and then we'll be ready to go for the year. Might even have enough to sell some. If my heel spurs and elbow tendanosis would stop acting up I could get there a little faster. Oh well. Sometimes ya gotta slow down.

Bass I've had before was pretty good. If you go fishing in the sewer then anything is going to taste a little funny:msp_w00t:

Love catfish. Good stuff for a bottom feeder. Was plentiful in Alabama when I lived there on the Mississipi but not here in the MD area. Apparently have to go to Conowingo or another place I cant think of right now to catch good ones of them.

Alabama doesn't have a Mississipi river...perhaps the Tennessee?

Evening All.....sounds like everyone had an interesting weekend.....I had to attend another wedding yesterday...beautiful day.. ceremony took place on a point in a field looking down the bay with MDI to the east (left) and the Blue Hill peninsular on the west. After we took the wedding party to the reception by boat....I was in charge of champagne opening...my wife was in charge of pouring.....the really cool thing was the boat.....we were on a 37' Hinckley T37MKIII Picnic Boat......for those that don't know what this...google it....way nice...twin 320HP V8 Turbo Diesels running two Hamilton Jet drives.....this is like $350,000.00 picnic boat. Beautiful craft.....touchscreen 3D chartplotter/with radar overlay tied into the autopilot...touch the screen and hit "goto" and it will navigate form one bouy to the next until you arrive...."look ma no hands"....so THIS is how the 1% struggle to get by these days????

As you have probly noticed,,i know what a Hinckley picnick boat is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................sigh.......................

Yup..git back to work so us %47 percenters can live too !!

when ya gi to the %one and git that nice black boat let me know and i "may" mate fer ya :)

wuz down south and next to us was a lunch boat,,"pilot" was down getting it ready...
he said the owner took "captain" and made him "pilot" ..
asked where they were going..
to "lunch" ,,,at were we was heading next day with an all day sail :(
hour to go to our all day sail...

Alabama doesn't have a Mississipi river...perhaps the Tennessee?

You would be correct. I was about 9-10 when we lived there and not sure why I thought it was the Mississippi. All I know is we caught a lot of good sized catfish from the piers. Good memories there.

Back