Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All righty then....Like rust....Slackness never sleeps it would seem!! Been a poor week here weather wise.....hot, humid with rain and fog....today it looks like it might clear off, get hot and shower again this evening. Spent a little time in the shop yesterday building a cricket to screw to the roof above the chimney at the latest copper mine....should go down and start that copper work today but hate to open things up and then have it rain...plus I HATE starting a new job on Friday. Perhaps wait until Monday .....guessers are guessing dry air and sunshine then. Today might be a good day to dig into the Dana 300 transfer case for the miserable device.....parts came in the other day. The only thing wrong with it is one set of shifter fork sliders are showing a fair amount of wear.....pull it apart and replace with new ones and replace all the gaskets and seals should be good to go!! If I can get that all done today might pull the cyl off Edwards 562XP and see where his compression is going to......just doing the redneck compression test she heads to the floor like she wants to be there......compression going somewhere.....not compressing well.....

Well my new Mightyvac compression gage kit arrived today......little tool splurge....my old one worked OK but the glass was cracked and not any choices as to what it fit.....new kit MV5530 is pretty cool if you like tools. Many options....even a fitting to pressurize cyls in a 4 cycl to keep the valves shut so you can change valve seals. Unfortunately it did nothing for Edwards saw......tried it too...but only blew 95 lbs compression .......she goes under the knife soon.....'spose to rain tomorrow so maybe then....find the ailment....wild saws these 562xps...cyl leans back...fast phuckahz when operating well.....

By
Niklas Magnusson
July 17, 2018, 4:08 AM EDTUpdated on July 17, 2018, 4:31 AM EDT
  • Shares fall the most since Husqvarna was listed in June 2006
  • Company to restructure Consumer Brands Division, exit segments
360x-1.jpg

Photographer: Krisztian Bocsi/Bloomberg
Husqvarna AB sank the most in its 12 years on Sweden’s stock exchange after the maker of lawnmowers and chainsaws reported earnings that fell far short of market expectations.

The stock dropped as much as 18 percent, with the decline pushing it to the bottom of the Stoxx 600 Europe index on Tuesday. Husqvarna said operating profit fell 3.8 percent in the second quarter to 1.93 billion kronor ($219 million), missing even the lowest analyst estimate.

The company blamed its Consumer Brands Division for the decline. The unit suffered a loss after it was "mainly burdened by raw material cost inflation and a continued challenging U.S. retail market environment," it said. Management is now planning to restructure the division, which accounted for about a fifth of sales in the quarter.

-1x-1.png

Husqvarna says it now wants to “increase focus and efforts” on what it’s describing as its “future premium product and service offerings under the core brands of Husqvarna and Gardena.” The company also said that “decisive steps” are being taken “to resolve the underperforming Consumer Brands Division.”

“The presence in certain consumer segments will be exited,” it said. “As a consequence of the future direction, the Consumer Brands division will be dissolved into the Husqvarna and Gardena divisions."

The company will gradually exit from segments and brands in which prices are lower, such as petrol-powered walk-behind lawnmowers and garden tractors.

The North American operations of the Consumer Brands Division will be folded into the Husqvarna unit while the European and Asian operations will be absorbed by the Gardena division, it said. According to DNB, that means the company is exiting only 25 percent of Consumer Brands while moving the remaining 75 percent to Husqvarna and Gardena.

"The step to walk away from unprofitable consumer brands business is the right way to go, but we hoped for a larger exit and not a gradual phase-out which could result in sizable restructuring costs and might also burden profitability," DNB, which has a buy rating on Husqvarna, said in a note.

Husqvarna said the extent of the exits and associated adjustments to the manufacturing footprint and brand portfolio are now being reviewed, with changes to be realized in two steps as customer commitments for the 2019 season are honored. While the net sales impact for 2019 is estimated at close to 2 billion kronor, it will have "a favorable impact" on the group’s operating margin.

So I guess that means
Brands
  • McCulloch
  • Poulan Pro
  • Weed Eater
  • Flymo
  • Jonsered
  • Private labels
Turn into the Husky that they already were lol

I think you're right.....we've seen that already as they killed off Jonsered for the second time....first time it lost it's "S"......if they bring it back again sometime it'll probably come back as Jonsere.........

I think you're right.....we've seen that already as they killed off Jonsered for the second time....first time it lost it's "S"......if they bring it back again sometime it'll probably come back as Jonsere.........

Anything to save a corporate Schilling , drop a letter , look at all the ink they can save on a box , brochures and manuals .
Label everything XP followed by a few numbers and look at payoff ... ;)

Anything to save a corporate Schilling , drop a letter , look at all the ink they can save on a box , brochures and manuals .
Label everything XP followed by a few numbers and look at payoff ... ;)

Well......they can always fall back on vacuum cleanah sales......every ones got dirt.....

Latest posts

Back