Survivor - New MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a beauty! There aren't many 361s around any more in this kind of condition. This saw has evidence of MAYBE having made one or two test cuts, they put on the shelf for years. When I removed the cylinder, it smelled of old stale fuel. What a gorgeous saw, my favorite of 60cc saws!

The owner of this saw wanted to try a ported saw without any significant compression work. I tightened the squish from .024" to .019". Compression is currently at 165 PSI, still on it's first tank of fuel. I've always said that high compression is not a make or break part of a strong work saw. This saw shows that. It is fully ported, muffler modded, and timing advanced. Check it out for yourself.

Kudos to @Homelite410 for one of his beautiful muffler mods, complete with spark arrestor screen. This muffler is a work of art!

With a good self feeding chain, she'll hold 13,000-13,400 with a light load. She pulls down with a nice broad torquey powerband. Congrats @SAWMIKAZE. You've got yourself a super nice saw here. Yes, I'm just a wee bit jealous!

when i saw the title Ryan was the first one to come to mind even though it's Brad's thread. somethings going on with Ryan. first he's selling saws, then he wants some 361's, then all the sudden he has that Ohio pine logging in his sig. seems he's gone into business. all i have to say to that is awesome.

Brad do you use round or square chain?

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

when i saw the title Ryan was the first one to come to mind even though it's Brad's thread. somethings going on with Ryan. first he's selling saws, then he wants some 361's, then all the sudden he has that Ohio pine logging in his sig. seems he's gone into business. all i have to say to that is awesome.

I admit it , i have an agenda lol

Thanks brad.

Latest posts

Back