Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went back and watched the video... never met or talked to that guy but he sure as Hel taint no pro, lost count of how many times he stabbed the dirt, ran the saw wrong handed for no reason. ran one handed with limbs on the other side (potential kick back), how many times he should have pulled his pants up. and nearly all the limbs are way to long, who taught that guy to run a saw? And what the Hel is he running without an air cleaner cover for does he think it looks cool and hot rodded? sorry rant over he kinda reminds me of my brother and that is not a compliment...

Just watched it myself and all I will say is that is ten minutes of my life I would like back. Ron

Do you drive over Hwy 12? If so, you go through and even have to slow down to get through our big city!

This thread has given me an idea, but I'll have to go to town when the weather is bad.

Yupp! Whites was nice and clear both ways. I forgot is it Morton or Packwood?

Wes

It would make things easier if they were LITTLE LOE. I found the Gs and the R hard to do. The Es were not easy either. So no Es, Gs, or Rs and I'm sure that As, Bs, Js, Ks, Ps, Qs, would also be hard to do. That narrows it down to LITTL LO.

logger chic/faux logger

Maybe "LITTLE FALLER" would be easier

I live in a pretty hipster town. Perhaps as an evolution of other trends, the old timey look, the back to the land look, etc., there is a faux logger/logger chic look now. I swear.

I was walking in to my grocery and saw one in the parking lot with rolled way up tight jeans (a la stagged in a hipster way) with logger boots, I knew it when I saw it, it was an attempt. Then I was at a gas station and saw, less hipster and more poser, college aged boys. Not stagged, but otherwise all the way faux logger- plaid shirts, trucker hats, suspenders, jeans, logger boots. Totally faux. I was at teh park and a hipster was swinging with his boy by me and mine, I was straight out of work, and we started to talk, he asked what I did. I asked about the faux loggers. He CONFIRMED. He attributed it to a particular bar in Seattle, but its a real fashion trend.

I always new I was a trend setter

wonder how they'd handle 92 cc's of aggressive square chisel on 100% slope. As fast as possible.

Last edited:

I live in a pretty hipster town. Perhaps as an evolution of other trends, the old timey look, the back to the land look, etc., there is a faux logger/logger chic look now. I swear.

I was walking in to my grocery and saw one in the parking lot with rolled way up tight jeans (a la stagged in a hipster way) with logger boots, I knew it when I saw it, it was an attempt. Then I was at a gas station and saw, less hipster and more poser, college aged boys. Not stagged, but otherwise all the way faux logger- plaid shirts, trucker hats, suspenders, jeans, logger boots. Totally faux. I was at teh park and a hipster was swinging with his boy by me and mine, I was straight out of work, and we started to talk, he asked what I did. I asked about the faux loggers. He CONFIRMED. He attributed it to a particular bar in Seattle, but its a real fashion trend.

wonder how they'd handle 92 cc's of aggressive square chisel on 100% slope. As fast as possible.

Maybe this trend is just an extention of the video game / virual world culture kids are experiencing. I see kids that change looks from redneck to urban cowboy to punk on a regular basis. I try my best not to dress like I am something I am not (e.g. a logger or arborist) but there is a certain practicality of suspenders and "logger" jeans that applies to my wood cutting as well. Maybe slowp can make some suspenders that says "No Log". Ron

Great now im gonna have to wear dirty/smelly diked off tin pants all the time so I def don't look like im a poser forester/logger now.... :msp_scared: not that I mind em... others might not appriciate their strong 2 stroke/wax odor! lol
Where I grew up we all wore charharts and spenders... even in high school... romeos or boots. I even had a fellow classmate/forester here in Idaho ask if all I wore was riggins and boots. And he's the one with stihl clip ons to hold his pants up... :msp_biggrin: I must say I must have influenced him with my criticism of his clip ons... he now sports S-penders with bachelor buttons... :givebeer:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wear them on my cutting chaps, because of all the tool hanging on my chap's bel,t they are easier to put them on and off. They just hang on your shoulders while you buckle and unbuckle them.

Back