Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if youse guys come over the hill and help sell them. Maybe you could do a Scandihoovian Candle or more demo and sale? :msp_smile:

Im sure jani would find something to bring. Might have to start makin candles

attachment.php

They are the fuel. I was about to whittle on a cottonwood until somebody said what the smoke would smell like. I'll do some more searching around.

Darn I was thinking Cottonwood chunks :jester:

Maybe "LITTLE FALLER" would be easier

I live in a pretty hipster town. Perhaps as an evolution of other trends, the old timey look, the back to the land look, etc., there is a faux logger/logger chic look now. I swear.

I was walking in to my grocery and saw one in the parking lot with rolled way up tight jeans (a la stagged in a hipster way) with logger boots, I knew it when I saw it, it was an attempt. Then I was at a gas station and saw, less hipster and more poser, college aged boys. Not stagged, but otherwise all the way faux logger- plaid shirts, trucker hats, suspenders, jeans, logger boots. Totally faux. I was at teh park and a hipster was swinging with his boy by me and mine, I was straight out of work, and we started to talk, he asked what I did. I asked about the faux loggers. He CONFIRMED. He attributed it to a particular bar in Seattle, but its a real fashion trend.

I always new I was a trend setter

wonder how they'd handle 92 cc's of aggressive square chisel on 100% slope. As fast as possible.

Now we really need to concentrate the genuine smell in the bottle and start selling it as "Eau de Jaqcues".

Just finished reading this thread and am curious about how far a faller walks in a day. When I log out a trail, I walk for miles and can go pretty far between downed trees. Having all my gear clipped to my waist seems uncomfortable on a long hike. Although I don't wear suspenders, I do carry all my gear including food, water, etc. in a backpack, which with its shoulder straps and hip belt is essentially the same as a belt and suspenders -- except when I take off the backpack my pants don't fall down.

Just finished reading this thread and am curious about how far a faller walks in a day. When I log out a trail, I walk for miles and can go pretty far between downed trees. Having all my gear clipped to my waist seems uncomfortable on a long hike. Although I don't wear suspenders, I do carry all my gear including food, water, etc. in a backpack, which with its shoulder straps and hip belt is essentially the same as a belt and suspenders -- except when I take off the backpack my pants don't fall down.

As far as he needs to, and then back to the truck. :laugh:

I never measured it, or gave it much thought when I was falling. Some strips were thick as dog hair, and it didn't seem like you get anywhere fast, some the "cut trees" were pretty sparse, and you had to cover a lot of ground in a day to get anything done.

Andy

15 to 20 minutes is typical for me, depending on road access and how rutted or muddy or road access that the loggers aren't using yet so I can get in there further with truck before I'm on foot. Until a few days ago we had access to 2 4wheelers which really made things better, now I'm spoiled and in the market for a used one. Longest regular hike- 45 minutes to 1 hr, big helicopter cut with crappy winter access. Friday i drove 2 fallers in from the top of a job, they hiked in 15 minutes downhill, then hiked out 15 minutes or so downhill to their truck waiting at the bottom at the end of the day, a giant loop, but all sort of downhill.
We have to carry a god bit of fuel though, more than you'd think, pushing 2 gallons, plus bar oil. Depends who is cutting, and which saw.

You mean other people, besides me, fall down? The other day I was going jump onto a log, all nimble and graceful like, and my 66 year old body just went "no...you're not going to be able to do that today". I wound up on one side of the log in the mud with my saw on the other side...also in the mud.

My wife was with me. I think she bit a hole in her lower lip trying not to laugh but she did say later that she gave me a 7.5 for acrobatics. She would have given me an 8.0 but I didn't stick the landing. :msp_sad:

You mean other people, besides me, fall down? The other day I was going jump onto a log, all nimble and graceful like, and my 66 year old body just went "no...you're not going to be able to do that today". I wound up on one side of the log in the mud with my saw on the other side...also in the mud.

My wife was with me. I think she bit a hole in her lower lip trying not to laugh but she did say later that she gave me a 7.5 for acrobatics. She would have given me an 8.0 but I didn't stick the landing. :msp_sad:

Hahaha. Your wife must be a lot nicer than mine. Mine doesn't even try not to laugh.

Andy

Latest posts

Back