suspenders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorse: Ulex europaeus

Quite possibly the most evil plant ever. Not only is it spiny and dense, it also dries out something fierce in the summer and is insanely flammable. Can't say that I like the stuff one bit.

EDIT: spelled the Latin wrong. Guess that's what I get for showing off.

OK, Never really knew how to spell it, Thanks

Wow, and I was thinking that devils club was the worst stuff ever. How lucky I was. :dizzy:

Mean while , on the suspender theme

I made the best saw pad I,ve ever made today ..Concaved the neck side of it and put the loops far enough down that is sits up near my neck without rubbing ....It is pretty good hard leather ..... I'm going to felt some wool sweaters for making mittens . I need to get some more no good wool sweaters so I can make a good piece of felt for under the pad ....
. I skived the edges , used a hole punch to start and stop the slits ( A trick I finally lernt making my own suspender leathers ) ....Plus , I have a very nice half moon leather knife ... Next to a good awl the best leather working tool I own , or have seen .......

Last edited:
I made the best saw pad I,ve ever made today ..Concaved the neck side of it and put the loops far enough down that is sits up near my neck without rubbing ....It is pretty good hard leather ..... I'm going to felt some wool sweaters for making mittens . I need to get some more no good wool sweaters so I can make a good piece of felt for under the pad ....
. I skived the edges , used a hole punch to start and stop the slits ( A trick I finally lernt making my own suspender leathers ) ....Plus , I have a very nice half moon leather knife ... Next to a good awl the best leather working tool I own , or have seen .......

Is it made from moose hide?

Gorse: Ulex europaeus

Quite possibly the most evil plant ever. Not only is it spiny and dense, it also dries out something fierce in the summer and is insanely flammable. Can't say that I like the stuff one bit.

EDIT: spelled the Latin wrong. Guess that's what I get for showing off.

You should have said, Mea Culpa. :) I believe Gorse caused an Oregon coast town to either burn down or almost burn down. Port Orford? Or Brookings? I'm thinking Port Orford almost burned down.

Think of all the suspenders that burned up! (added to keep on topic).:)

Latest posts

Back