Swamp Logger Bobby Goodson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, great show. It is a little more educational then Axmen and American loggers. The latter two shows has to be bleeped every two seconds because almost every word out of their mouths is F... this or F... that. They make it look like all loggers are a bunch of foul mouth jerks.

I wish they taught people how to properly fell trees and use wedges, as well as explain the equipment they use. I like the shows because they are logging but I can watch it with my 6 year old and wife because the language.

Kudos to the Goodsons.

yup swamp loggers is the best. on that you at least get to see a saw get a work out every once in a while.

Axeman is pathetic now. I want to throw stuff when I watch that show cause its so dumb sometimes. I miss american loggers. Swamp loggers is my 2nd favorite. :greenchainsaw:

Yeah, it's still a little overly dramatic at times, but is still the best show going right now. I know a couple of young boys who think it's better than a PB & J sandwich with no crust.

I used to know Bobby Goodson years ago, although not well. He and several of his brothers used to log for my Father, when he was Contract Supervisor with Weyerhaeuser in these parts. Bobby is good people. Kenneth was also top notch, but he has passed on. Kenneth's wife loved the business, and used to spend a lot of time in the woods with him.

My dad told me a story years ago about Bobby. As the story goes, Bobby stopped by at the official watering hole one evening after work, as was his usual ritual. Inside the establishment was a rather overweight individual who used to work for Bobby. Mister Lardass started talking trash to Bobby. Bobby is a patient guy, but enough finally was enough. When Bobby finally got up to educate Mister Lardass, the fat one made a bee line for the bathroom, and locked himself inside. As the story goes, Bobby went out to his pickup, grabbed a saw, headed back inside, and sawed through the bathroom door. As the sawing was in process, Mister Lardass managed to shinny through a very small window in the bathroom, and effect a very manly retreat.

Back then, the Goodsons used to LOVE Brockway trucks. With 318 Detroits, aka double breasted Yamahas. They sure could move some wood, and they had a more stable work force than most outfits in these pasts.

American Loggers Friday! Good guys my brother inlaws went up to there operation this fall. Top Notch!

Love this show, but the constant threat of going broke is annoying.

Maybe you don't realize that a vast majority of logger have already gone broke and are gone!
He is one of the few left and I am sure it is something that annoys him a lot worse than it ever will you.

Axeman is pathetic now. I want to throw stuff when I watch that show cause its so dumb sometimes.

I can't even watch that show anymore! What a waist of air time.

Love Swamp Loggers though. It has actually logging on it. They also get more technical than Axesissys.

Did any body crack up to the line (that tree is so big it will make a fat man run!) or something to that affect. That was when they were cutting down those trees with chainsaws. Looked like they had just bought them that day.

Great show. I have a lot of respect for them and what they are doing.

You know I could do without the beeps. That's just plain annoying. Maybe some day they'll invent a parental control to omit the beeps.

That or the guys on film will realize that it's not impossible to watch their language while on TV. Don't get me wrong I can trash it up with the best of them, but there is a time and a place...

Latest posts

Back