Swamp Logger Bobby Goodson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking the language is part of the trade. Mind, the guys on ax mans are just low lifes for the most part, they act like it..

Usually the way it goes is; if things are running smooth, you will hear yeeeee-hhhaaawwwwws and other kinds of happy hollering. If a saw gets hung, or a cable breakes, or a machine gets stuck, the list goes on & on, you will hear lots of profanity. I myself am guilty of spewing foul nonsence under times of stress. I cannot stand having a tree clamp down on my saw, the kind where you are tickling the back & the tree is moving, then you tickle some more & she decides to sit.:chainsawguy:

I love Sweamp Loggers too. I find myself looking forward to it every Friday night! I sincerely like the way he treats his employees, talks to them like they're human beings and is out there with them.
I watch all 3;
1. Swamp Loggers
2. American Loggers
3. Axe Men

and like SL the best for sure. I just seems more of a personal show being that they go into so much detail and explain what they're doing - I like that.

Speaking the language is part of the trade.

UP here the crew I work for its rare to hear cussing and profanity. When something goes wrong we fix the problem and get on with life. I don't remember and cussing or profanity at all this last week. Must be a regional thing.

UP here the crew I work for its rare to hear cussing and profanity. When something goes wrong we fix the problem and get on with life. I don't remember and cussing or profanity at all this last week. Must be a regional thing.

I agree, here when something goes wrong or breaks we just scratch our heads and say OK, let's fix it. The girls on axemen are obviously acting for the camera, swamploggers are much more like reality! As far as axemen go, if we had guys on our yard acting like that, they would be looking for a job the next day. And if I acted like that one owners son, my father would have whipped me with a plowline!!!

one thing that is (was? not sure if this show is still on) is the degree of respect offered to the employees, regardless of where they are from or their life stories. it is an all to rare a sight on TV these days to see someone valuing an employee first of all (in this era of throwaway workers) but i also think it is important to have an example of the way in which Simitrio is such an important part of the operation and gets recognized for being so without any preachiness or being over the top. with all the xenophobia in the air, it is refreshing to see a show that projects a positive image of immigrants (at the very least not making an issue about it).

Speaking the language is part of the trade. Mind, the guys on ax mans are just low lifes for the most part, they act like it..

Usually the way it goes is; if things are running smooth, you will hear yeeeee-hhhaaawwwwws and other kinds of happy hollering. If a saw gets hung, or a cable breakes, or a machine gets stuck, the list goes on & on, you will hear lots of profanity. I myself am guilty of spewing foul nonsence under times of stress. I cannot stand having a tree clamp down on my saw, the kind where you are tickling the back & the tree is moving, then you tickle some more & she decides to sit.:chainsawguy:

And the worst part is you don't always have the wind to blame.

Latest posts

Back