Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowtie

Bowtie

Gearhead
Try unscrewing it. I've never seen a modern Stihl coil with the wire molded in. Someone may have epoxied it, but Stihl has never used a coil in a modern saw (like the 064) that had the coil wire molded into the body of the coil.

Doesnt the homeowner lineups like the MS250 and such have a molded plug wire? I was thinking it did. I know my 028 super parts box has one like that, but thats older stuff.

Jacob J.
Doesnt the homeowner lineups like the MS250 and such have a molded plug wire? I was thinking it did. I know my 028 super parts box has one like that, but thats older stuff.

yeah, some of the "consumer" style saws have those coils. In that case though, the life of the coil isn't that great. I've seen many of the coils on the homeowner saws go bad.

AlbionWood

AlbionWood

ArboristSite Lurker
Try unscrewing it. I've never seen a modern Stihl coil with the wire molded in. Someone may have epoxied it, but Stihl has never used a coil in a modern saw (like the 064) that had the coil wire molded into the body of the coil.

My 025 did. Pissed me off, too, I followed the directions in the Service Manual and tried unscrewing the wire... which of course broke it instead, so I ended up buying a replacement, waiting for it to show up, then finding out it wasn't the coil or wire after all... This would have been purchased around 98-99.

Latest posts