Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got the 031 running. I mounted the module on the top cover. The top cover has av mounts on each end so no ground to the motor. I ran a wire to ground it and it cranks and runs.
Now the problem is flooding. I have been through the carb. twice and it still floods. I turned the low speed screw completely in and it still floods. At an idle gas will run out of the carb. Not spray out, run out. It is flooding so bad that it would idle with the low speed jet all the way in and the high speed jet 1/8 turn open.
I have checked everything twice and it still floods.
It has a new carb. kit, the lever is level with the recessed area, the spring is right. The only thing I can think is a trash under the needle.
If anyone knows of anything else it could be please reply. Thanks Tom P S It is a Tillotson carb.

I've had the SAME issues with a Jonsered Tilly...

it was a dirty needle valve, and/or seat. clean the tip well with a cloth and some carb cleaner, and spray the channel out well...

hope to help.

Good to hear on the module BTW... any pictures??

I have a nice 031 without spark..

J

I've had the SAME issues with a Jonsered Tilly...

it was a dirty needle valve, and/or seat. clean the tip well with a cloth and some carb cleaner, and spray the channel out well...

hope to help.

Good to hear on the module BTW... any pictures??

I have a nice 031 without spark..

J

I am no expert by any means, but I have probably rebuilt 150 to 200 carbs. in the last 4 or 5 years and the only thing I can think of is the needle.
You asked for pictures and I do not know how to post them. It always tell me they are to big.
I will try to make some when I get it completed and learn how to post them. Tom

I have some Mcculloch parts bought at an auction about 2 or 3 years ago. It was raining and the packaging was already dusty so although most the parts were new the majority of packages don’t look so good. Some of these parts been in the basement a while and will have a bit of surface rust here and there and if I see worse I will mention. A bit of kitty odor may be noticeable on the original packages but I’ll be slowly going through, cleaning a bit and transferring some to clean packages. Most have readable part #’s but I am not good at IDing Mcculloch parts as I have worked little on them nor have a complete parts manual.
Aim to list some of this stuff for trade here initially if any one is interested, let me know what you have for trade. If its in very good condition and fits later generation Stihls I may be interested. I go through quite a bit of Stihl RM chain so if you have that new or semi chisel from Carlton-Windsor or Oregon non safety I may be interested, 50 or 58 gauge 3/8 or 58 or 63 .325.. Standard mount Stihl bars 16 to 36 “and an Husky or 2 in 24” I could use also.
1) Today I have 5 starter springs part #87680, fit 10/10,PM800 etc. from what I found.
2) Kit Flywheel/ignition coil/pawl assy, Opened it and instruction sheet list it fits Eager Beaver 2.1, power mac 310/320/300 chainsaws, and pro mac 390 Cuts All Saw. Kit # 219331
3) Flywheel/ pawl kit #69806, Don’t know what it fits , small to med in size, has slot for key.
4) Carb, #214082B, 2nd pkge also list 90918-01. I was told it might fit the 110 to 30. Not sure though.
5) I also have a Poulan Pro 295 clutch cover used in very good cond..
6) also an Jonsered turbo 2159 top cover with some minor bruises and scratches part # 537 01 02
7) New Oregon spur sprocket 7t 3/8 fits Partner S50 S55, part # 27909
I also still have the small mount Husky bars I listed a while back also.

I have some Mcculloch parts bought at an auction about 2 or 3 years ago. It was raining and the packaging was already dusty so although most the parts were new the majority of packages don’t look so good. Some of these parts been in the basement a while and will have a bit of surface rust here and there and if I see worse I will mention. A bit of kitty odor may be noticeable on the original packages but I’ll be slowly going through, cleaning a bit and transferring some to clean packages. Most have readable part #’s but I am not good at IDing Mcculloch parts as I have worked little on them nor have a complete parts manual.

5) I also have a Poulan Pro 295 clutch cover used in very good cond..

If there are any McCulloch part#s that start with 59xxx, I'd be intrested.
Also, does the 295 clutch cover have a brake?
Jim

I got stuff, you got stuff. Let's trade.

I responded to craigslist ad for a chainsaw collection on Thursday, turns out the owner wanted some stuff I had laying around. More pics to follow, I'm waiting for the rain to pass.

Some Macs, Homelites, Wrights, a Clinton or 2, Cox, David Bradleys, Poulans, Remington, Stihls, Pioneers.

Last edited:
Back