Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may get bashed for this, but I have several of my own saws that I used permatex ultra grey on the cylinder base. A few of them has been run for years, and the ones Ive tore back down the cylinder has always been ''stuck.'' Im not recommending it because several say not too, but its worked on my saws. I won't do it if the saw belongs to someone else or I know its going up for sale, but I can keep an eye (or ear really) on my own. Just a FWIW...

oh ok thanks komatsuvarna i'll go and look in the shop and see if i got any in the shop.if it's the same as mega grey i know i would set for a couple of years if i ever need to rebuild anymore saws LOL.

Done the same with the Indian Head shellac. Nice, heavy coat, manila envelopes work in a pinch also.

i need a cylinder base gasket for a MS 250. i went to the stihl shop today and he told me to buy some of that hi priced stihl gasket maker.but i want a base gasket does anyone know where i can find one at? or i can use some permatex indian head gasket shellac compaound on it. Oh i forgot to say i got green slips to trade and thats about it for right now.

The ms250 doesn't have a base gasket......

I may get bashed for this, but I have several of my own saws that I used permatex ultra grey on the cylinder base. A few of them has been run for years, and the ones Ive tore back down the cylinder has always been ''stuck.'' Im not recommending it because several say not too, but its worked on my saws. I won't do it if the saw belongs to someone else or I know its going up for sale, but I can keep an eye (or ear really) on my own. Just a FWIW...

Ultra Gray is fine. That's what its made for.

Hey ya'll sale/trade these saws :D

104.jpg

099.jpg

C5 homie
308974_10150465895896563_720151562_10323121_820540907_n.jpg

PM ME :D

Looking for some parts for an early model 028WB with 42 mm bore and metal gas tank and handle.
I need a rewind with 3 bolt pattern , air filter , the air filter cover
and a coil to get rid of the point ignition set up.
Let me know what you have.

All looking for chain / sprocket cover for Stihl ms200T

Thanks Ron

Looking for some parts for an early model 028WB with 42 mm bore and metal gas tank and handle.
I need a rewind with 3 bolt pattern , air filter , the air filter cover
and a coil to get rid of the point ignition set up.
Let me know what you have.

All looking for chain / sprocket cover for Stihl ms200T

Thanks Ron

I got most of your parts. PM sent.

Needing a spike for an xl12 - SXLAO.

Also a decent 16" .050 3/8 lopro bar for a Poulan wildthing type saw. My friend was wondering why his saw was cutting crooked, the bar slot was over .090 :dizzy:

Needing a spike for an xl12 - SXLAO.

Also a decent 16" .050 3/8 lopro bar for a Poulan wildthing type saw. My friend was wondering why his saw was cutting crooked, the bar slot was over .090 :dizzy:

If Tree Wacker doesn't have the bar shoot me a PM. I'm sure I have one around here somewhere, probably with a old chain, too.

Echo CS 400 Piston and Cylinder

Like the title says, I need a p/c for an Echo CS 400. Everything else on the saw is great, but the p/c have been completely trashed. I have some trading material which I will try to post pics of, as well as green paper.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

More trading bars

A few more...

Edit: removed the Dolmar and another - they're headed to another home.

IMG_0003.jpg

You can shoot me a PM with any questions or offers.

Marc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back